The Arts and Entertainment Institute at Forsyth Central
Lights! Camera! Action!
- Did you know that Georgia was the #1 place in the world to film movies last year?
- Did you know that the Entertainment Arts were Georgia’s largest industry last year?
- Did you know Forsyth Central now has a program to help you get into this exciting and quickly growing industry?
- The Arts & Entertainment Institute at Forsyth Central will show you how movies are made and help you learn how to make them as well. Learn what goes on behind the camera or learn how to act in front of it.
Now is your chance to get involved!
The mission of the Arts and Entertainment Institute at Forsyth Central
To provide a course pathway that will prepare students as top tier candidates for employment in the film industry, and university studies.
Cultivate highly trained professionals for the film industry, all within the framework of developing a competitive portfolio of work.
Produce skilled and capable leaders, artisans, and technicians, who are creative, motivated, and prepared for the rigors of filmmaking.
The A&E Institute at Forsyth Central is a pathway-based institute for students to develop the skills needed to act, produce, and direct their own films. By the end of a student’s experience at the A&E Institute members will have developed a portfolio of work that can be used for Film Industry Employment or College Applications.
Classes students can expect to take:
- Film I
- Film II
- Film III
- Film IV
- Visual Arts I
- Literature and Writing for Film
- World History Through Film
- Acting I
- Performance and the Camera
- Advanced Acting for Film/Media
- Audio Engineering for Screen
- Film and Stage Tech
- Production and Design for Camera
Students will also have the opportunity to participate in events that may include:
- Studio tours of EUE/Screen Gem Studios home of Stranger Things, and Pinewood Studios home of Avengers: Infinity War
- Internships with local civic groups/studios
- Guest speakers from the industry
Dates to Remember:
- Monday, March 25th – Information Meeting at FCHS @ 6:00 and application release
- Friday, April 12th – Application Due Date
Application can be found at: