The STEM Academy at Forsyth Central High School combines a rigorous learning environment focused on Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM). Our unique learning community develops a student's potential and ensures students are well equipped to meet the challenges of post secondary education and STEM careers in a global economy. Graduates of the Forsyth Central High School STEM Academy will be able to formulate complex academic communications, engage in system thinking, be self managers, and demonstrate non-routine problem solving.
At FCHS we are leading STEM Academy students to become productive American citizens who will be…
- Non-routine problem solvers who can support and communicate their findings with evidence.
- Self-managers who can collaborate effectively and efficiently while leading and serving others.
- Able to establish and maintain academic, community and professional relationships.
- Confident risk-takers who will adapt and persevere when faced with challenges.
STEM Academy Core Values
- Stakeholders view risk-taking, failure, and feedback as integral steps of the instructional process that lead to learning and growth opportunities.
- Positive working relationships between students and teachers drive exploratory learning where risks are encouraged and leads to collaborative work, where program expectations are clearly expressed to students.
- Students and instructors are passionate, enthusiastic and motivated about learning.
- Learning communities exist where students are guided in building successful, supportive relationships with other students and where stakeholders are in continuous collaboration with each other.
- A rigorous program prepares students for college, where instruction is designed to be relevant, real-world, and engaging through effective and innovative instructional strategies.