The mission of the Coal Mountain Elementary counseling program is to provide education and support to all students to acquire the academic, career and social emotional competencies necessary for life-long success.
To implement this mission successfully, we follow the developmental model of guidance and counseling:
If you have any questions or need assistance, please feel free to contact the counselors:Dr. Deana Brown (email@example.com) works with Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd graders.Jan Burgett (firstname.lastname@example.org) works with 3rd, 4th and 5th graders.We are both here to help with whatever you might need!
- The basis of a developmental guidance program is that the social and emotional development of children is a process of growth that changes over time.
- The program is available to all students.
- We believe that all students have a capacity to learn and to be supported academically.
- We believe that children who are aware of themselves and their needs will make responsible choices for themselves.
- We believe that every child is unique and special!