Welcome to the Coal Mountain Elementary Counseling Department website. We are very excited to be working with your children to help each become happy, healthy and successful.
CMES Counseling Department Mission:
The mission of the Coal Mountain Elementary Counseling Department is to inspire all students to reach his/her maximum academic and personal potential. We provide all students equitable access to comprehensive and developmentally appropriate counseling services, and utilize data driven curriculum content and interventions to close achievement gaps. Our goal is to promote lifelong learners prepared to meet the challenges of an ever-changing world.
CMES Counseling Department Vision:
Empowering all students to reach maximum academic and personal potential to become effective, responsible, respectful and productive members of society while encouraging them to cultivate and maintain positive relationships across boundaries and cultures.
To implement this mission successfully, we follow the developmental model of guidance and counseling:
If you have any questions or need assistance, please feel free to contact the counselors:Ms. Shelby Carpenter (firstname.lastname@example.org) works with Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd graders.Jan Burgett (email@example.com) works with 3rd, 4th and 5th graders.We are both here to help with whatever you might need!
- The basis of a developmental guidance program is that the social and emotional development of children is a process of growth that changes over time.
- The program is available to all students.
- We believe that all students have a capacity to learn and to be supported academically.
- We believe that children who are aware of themselves and their needs will make responsible choices for themselves.
- We believe that every child is unique and special!