Class of 2024 News & Updates
Senior Dues (Graduation Fees)
Graduation fees cover all costs associated with the graduation ceremony including the venue, cap and gown, stole, tassel, diploma cover, resource officers and EMT staff at the ceremony.
Graduation fees are currently $150 and must be paid online at https://www.3rdascent.com/.
Orders for cap & gowns placed after April 1 will be shipped directly to the student’s home address.
Tuesday, May 21, 2024
Gas South District Arena (formerly Infinite Energy Center)
6400 Sugarloaf Pkwy, Duluth, GA 30097
Tickets will be required.
Seating is “open seating” and first come, first serve.
Gas South District Arena charges a $5 fee for guest parking. We will send out information to pre-purchase parking passes at a later date after we receive those details from the arena. Students will receive a parking pass for themselves. All guests will be required to pay for parking.
Venue FAQ & Information
- Arrive early! Arriving early will provide you with time to park and go through security. Have your parking pass ready. If you prepay for parking, print your parking pass or have it ready on your mobile phone to present to the parking attendant.
- Only clear bags are allowed in the arena. Diaper bags and medical supplies can be contained in non-clear bags but will be subject to inspection in a separate security line with heightened safety standards.
- Seating is first come, first serve. The arena event staff handle all seating and will not allow you to save seats. If you want to sit together, arrive together.
- Accessible Parking is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Guests with a valid disability license plate or hangtag combined with a parking pass will be directed to park in an accessible parking space, or the nearest parking space should an accessible space not be available. The individual to whom the disability license plate or hangtag was issued must be present.
- ADA seating is available in the arena. Event staff attendants will be available to help you as needed and will allow one guest to accompany the person in need.
- Following the ceremony, graduates will go out into the front plaza. Gas South will have directional signage for graduates to meet families by their last name - i.e. A-F, G-K, etc. Since graduates are not allowed to have their phones during the ceremony, make plans now to meet your graduate near the appropriate sign or somewhere off arena grounds.
Attire for Graduation
Business casual attire is expected for graduates. Graduates may NOT have any items with them on the arena floor (cell phones, keys, etc.). Graduates may NOT decorate their graduation caps. Students may NOT wear graduation cords or academic regalia that has not been approved and sponsored by Forsyth County Schools and Denmark High School.
Students that participate in any of the following will have the opportunity to wear an honors cord during the graduation ceremony.
- Nationally Recognized Honor Societies w/GPA Requirements
- The National Honorary Beta Club
- GHP Alumni
- AP Capstone Diploma
- IB Diploma
- STEM Graduates
- Val/Sal Medals
Seniors are eligible to earn a medallion at graduation in the following areas: advanced academic, fine arts, foreign language, and/or career tech. To earn a medallion, students must be a member of an honor society and have completed at least 3 courses within their area of completion, as well as additional requirements located HERE.
Counselors will be working to process midyear reports for ALL Common App schools once all first semester grades are posted on transcripts. Midyear reports should be completed by the end of January. If your student needs a midyear report submitted for a non-Common App school, have them fill out this form: https://forms.gle/L6ibeRFDMw36pkJJ6 and follow up with their counselor.
If you have any questions regarding graduation, please contact Mr. Howard via email or office phone at 470-533-2521 ext: 511456. Thank you!