IS YOUR CHILD TOO SICK FOR SCHOOL ?
The main reasons for keeping your child home are:
- If he/she is too sick to be comfortable at school
- If he/she will spread a contagious illness/disease to another child
A child should stay at home:
- If the fever is greater that 100 degrees F.
- If vomiting and /or diarrhea has occurred within the last 24 hours.
A child is not to return to school until fever free, diarrhea, and/or vomiting has stopped for a full 24 hours without medication.
- If a child has a frequent, persistent cough.
- If a child has a persistent pain (stomach, ear, etc.)
- If Strep Throat Infection or Conjunctivitis (Pink Eye) has been diagnosed by a physician with antibiotics ordered – child must remain out of school for 24 hours after antibiotics have been started.
- If influenza, strep infection, communicable childhood disease , illness or organism has been medially diagnosed by a physician, please alert Nurse Jennifer at 770-667-2585 X480131
or email at email@example.com.