ABOUT THE APPLICATION PROCESS
The Forsyth Central Humanities Academy is a four year comprehensive program, where students study the experience, ask the questions, and solve the problems. The Humanities Academy will lead students to be published, practice, and prepared for post-secondary work in college and career.
Students are selected, much like a college application process, by a team of reviewers who evaluate applicants in the following criteria:
- grades, test scores, and motivation
- teacher recommendations
- student organization involvement
- demonstrated interest in humanities subjects,
- submitted essay response
- student video submission.
- Applicants must be in the eighth grade and a full-time student in the Forsyth County School system.
- Applicants may only enter the Humanities Academy in the 9th grade since this is a four-year program.
- Applicants must be on the "Advanced" or " Accelerated" Language Arts track to apply.
- Applicants should be recommended for the following as freshmen:
- Honors English
- AP Human Geography
To apply, please visit the Prospective Students page.