Medications at School 101
- Prescription and Non-prescription medication must be brought to school by the PARENT/GUARDIAN. Students are not allowed to bring medication to school or on the bus.
- The clinic does not stock medication. All medication must be provided by the parent/guardian. Students are not allowed to have medication in their possession while at school. Some exceptions based on student needs.
- Required forms for medication administration at school:
- Request for Administration of Medication form must be signed by the parent and physician. Over the counter medication requires only the parent signature.
- Health Condition Care Plan must be filled out and signed by the physician.
- Medications must be brought to school in the original container.
*Medications in an unmarked container or Ziploc bag will not be accepted.
- All prescription medications must have the following on the pharmacy label:
- Child’s Name
- Name of medication
- Time medication is to be given
- Name of prescribing physician
- It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to inform the school nurse of any changes in their child’s medical treatment plan. Please be aware that the current treatment plan will continue unless communicated otherwise.