Thursday, August 12, 2021
Out of an abundance of caution, Curriculum Night for the 2021-2022 school year will again be 100% virtual.
Please use the videos and presentations below to learn more about the staff and classes of South Forsyth High School!
Welcome Message from Principal Laura Wilson
Curriculum Night Presentations
Each of the images below will take you to one of our virtual sections of Curriculum Night. Click on the image to visit those presentations; they will open in another browser tab or window.
In many of the presentations, you will be presented with a menu screen; clicking on images or buttons on these menu screens will send you to videos or additional information about those areas. In some cases, videos will play automatically. On all of our teacher presentations in the Academic Presentations, as well as some of the other videos, you will have to click on a video to play it.
Click on the image below to open the menu of all of our teachers' curriculum night presentations. After the title slide, click on the button for the desired department. From there, find your child's teacher's name, and click on the appropriate course below their name.
Teacher Presentations have introductory or informational videos embedded within them; click on the videos to play them. Otherwise, navigate each teacher's online slideshow at your own pace.
Problems with videos?
Several people have already reported problems with videos not playing on their devices. We have checked and rechecked nearly all of our videos - most of those problems are due to something on the end user's browser. Here are some suggestions for getting the videos to play properly.
1) Use an Incognito or Private Window. Stored data may be causing some issues with videos playing properly. Using a Google Chrome Incognito Window or a Firefox Private Window may help to avoid those issues, because those windows will ignore saved browser data.
2) Sign out of Google accounts. Most of our content - the presentations and videos - are stored on Google Drive. Even though all content is set for Anyone on the internet to view, if you are logged into your own personal or business Google account, that may cause some issues.
3) Turning off "Block third-party cookies." Cookies are bits of website data saved by your browser, and occasionally content delivered by one site actually resides on another - browsers which are set to block third-party cookies can sometimes cause that content to fail. Try going into your browsers Privacy and Security settings, under Cookies, and turning off the setting to block third-party cookies.
4) Clear your stored browser data. If an Incognito or Private window is not an option for you, try clearing your cookies and your cached web content.
5) Volume of traffic. The possibility also exists that access to view some of our videos is high; trying again at a later time may be more successful.