Welcome to Daves Creek Elementary!
I want to welcome you as your School Nurse. My name is Amber Maxie. My role is to work with you and your student and to assist in any way that I can as a nurse in the school clinic.
I have listed some information below that should help answer questions you may have regarding my role and the operation of the clinic at Daves Creek Elementary.
- Forsyth County School Systems requires that students must be vomit free, diarrhea free and fever free without medication for 24 hours before returning to school after an illness.
- A Georgia physician’s signature is required on all Medical Care Plans and Administration of Medication forms for prescription medications and medications given for longer than a 2-week period of time on a routine basis. These need to be signed and brought to the nurse every year.
- All action plans – food/insect allergies, asthma, diabetes, seizures, etc must be signed by a Georgia physician. These need to be signed and brought to the nurse every year.
- Epi-pens, Albuterol, Benadryl, Children’s Tylenol, Children’s Motrin or any other medications are not supplied by the school. Medications of any type, even over the counter medications, should never be delivered to school by the child. We ask the parent to please bring medications to the clinic and fill out a medication administration form and/or action plans prior to the nurse administering medication.
- Food allergies of any kind are not recognized by our cafeteria staff unless we have a Food Allergy Action Plan signed by a Georgia Physician listing the specific food allergy. These need to be signed and brought to the nurse every year.
- Please keep our staff and the school nurse informed of any health conditions that could affect your child while at school.
- If your child was seen in the clinic during their school day, a copy of a Clinic Referral Slip will be sent home providing details of their visit.
- For younger students --Children do have accidents at school; please be sure to send a change of clothing in their backpack to keep at school. This includes food accidents as well; you never know when you might need a clean pair of clothes! The clinic runs on donations only and supplies of new underwear are sometimes low or out.
I promise to give your students the quality care they deserve. I look forward to establishing a relationship with you and your child. I am always available by phone or email, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Amber Maxie, RN
Phone: 770-888-1222 ext:170315
Clinic Wish List
- Ziploch bags- sandwich and gallon size
- Elastic Waist Pants or shorts – ALL Sizes- These maybe “hand me downs”
- New underwear – boys and girls ALL sizes
Last Modified on June 7, 2022