Here's a reminder of Forsyth County School's policy on medications:
- Students are not permitted to bring medications to school (including simple things, such as cough drops).They must be brought in by a parent and the proper paperwork completed. I am able to keep over the counter meds, such as tylenol, etc. if brought in by parents.
- Medications that need doctors’ orders are: any prescription medication that needs to be given longer than a 2 week period, and any over the counter medication that is to be given on a daily basis.
- If a student has a chronic condition requiring medical intervention, an action plan needs to be completed and signed by the doctor.
- Parents/guardians need to bring all medications to school, in original containers, with doctor’s orders if applicable.
- Medications must be signed into the clinic. (This procedure must be followed, for medications to be administered).
- In accordance with Forsyth County Policy, the school clinic does not provide any medications for students.
Thank you for your help in this matter.
We want to maintain a safe school, and maintaining proper procedure regarding medications is absolutely essential.
Last Modified on September 1, 2020