Introduction to 2023 Summer Programs Offered:
- FCS HS Summer School
- Forsyth Virtual School
- Georgia Virtual School
1. Forsyth County High School Summer School
Due to the shortened summer session and fast pace of courses, students are allowed only TWO absences and then they are withdrawn from the program.
Session A: Morning Session (Math) from 9AM - Noon
- Algebra I
- GSE Geometry
- GSE Algebra II
- Advanced Math Decision Making
- Statistical Reasoning
Session B: Afternoon Session (ELA, Science, and Social Studies) from 12:30 - 3:30PM
- ELA: 9th Lit, 10th Lit, American Lit
- Social Studies: World History, US History, Government, Economics
- Science: Physical Science, Biology
May 1st - 17th: Registration Window
May 22nd - 26th: Late Registration
June 2nd: On-Site Registration at Otwell Middle School from 9AM-11AM
Week 1: June 5th - 9th
Week 2: June 12th - 15th
Week 3: June 19th - 23rd
Week 4: June 26th - 29th
Transportation: Bus transportation IS available!
Location: Otwell Middle School
Program Contact: Mary Cooper (email@example.com)
2. Forsyth Virtual Summer Registration
Forsyth Virtual Academy Registration Directions: https://drive.google.com/file/d/10FLiQ41F8k4uvCJlT0SzLlzYL5MQQyuu/view
- Last Day for Registration: May 26, 2023
- Summer Start Date: May 31, 2023
- Summer End Date: July 12, 2023
2023 FVA Summer School Course Offerings
Geometry A, (.5 credit), $247.50, bridge course. Students must have Algebra I credit on transcript
Personal Fitness, (0.5 credit), $247.50, graduation requirement
Health, (0.5 credit), $247.50, graduation requirement
American Government, (0.5 credit), $247.50, graduation requirement
Personal Finance and Economics, (0.5 credit), $247.50, graduation requirement
Spanish III, (1.0 credit), $495.00, rigor course
Introduction to Healthcare Science, (1.0 credit), $495.00, elective pathway
Visual Arts I, (1.0 credit), $520, elective pathway (includes required art kit)
* NEW Course Offerings*
Spanish II, (1.0 credit), $495.00
Introduction to Software Technology, (1.0 credit), $495, elective pathway
Forensic Science, (1.0 credit), $495.00, rigor course
Payment Information : Payment processing will be through Student Portal and transactions will incur a flat processing fee of $7.50.
You will need a computer and reliable internet access. You will need a way to record videos (webcam, phone, etc.) For Personal Fitness, you will need to have a simple fitness tracker that can track steps (pedometer, Fit Bit, smartphone/ device, etc.)
3. Georgia Virtual Summer Registration
Steps to Complete Summer Registration:
1. Communicate your intention with the student's assigned school counselor.
2. Complete the NFHS Summer GAVS form here.
3. Create a GAVS account here (if you have not taken a course previously) and register for the appropriate course.
4. Pay for the course on the GAVS website to save your spot in the class.
- Registration opens: March 1st, 2023 at Noon
- Summer Start Date: June 5, 2023
- Last Date to Register for Summer Courses: June 8, 2023
- Last Date to Begin Summer Coursework: June 12, 2023
- Final Grades Released: July 20, 2023
Review the course offerings on the GA Virtual School Course List: GA Virtual School Summer Course List
The deadline to register for Georgia Virtual summer 2023 courses is June 8th.