Our vision is to transform, support, and personalize learning for teachers and students using technology. To use classroom technology to engage students in asking questions and choosing tools to facilitate real-world problem-solving. Forsyth County School System has made a considerable investment in technology to help us accomplish our mission. Students are at work with technology every day throughout our building.
Our mission is to:
- Support effective use of instructional technology throughout the district by providing technology-based instructional resources, innovative tools, professional development, and instructional strategies
- Be a service-oriented department that supports the teaching and learning of teachers and administrators
- Use coaching and research-based strategies to encourage critical thinking, creativity, communication, and collaboration
Our core work includes:
- Best Practices for using Instructional Technology in the Classroom
- Bring Your Own Technology
- Provide Access to and Support Digital Learning Applications
As new technologies continue to change the world in which we live, they also provide many new and positive educational benefits for classroom instruction. To capitalize on these benefits, students may bring their own technology to Settles Bridge Elementary. BYOT focuses on the 4 C's of Digital Age Learning - Creativity, Collaboration, Communication, and Critical Thinking while preparing our students for their future.
Using digital devices (whether personal or school-owned) and the FCS network, students will be expected to follow the Responsible Use Guidelines set by Forsyth County as well as the Forsyth County Schools Code of Conduct, and other school rules set at Settles Bridge.
- Use digital devices, networks, and software in school for educational purposes and activities.
- Keep my personal information (including home/mobile phone number, mailing address, and user password) and that of others private.
- Show respect for myself and others when using technology including social media.
- Give acknowledgment to others for their ideas and work.
- Report inappropriate use of technology immediately