Health at School
It is always my goal to keep our students and staff as healthy as possible and the truth is, I rely on our students’ families to create a healthy learning environment! You can help by being mindful of symptoms your child may present with prior to coming to school.
Students MUST stay home or will be sent home if they have:
- A temperature that is 100.4 or higher
- had vomiting in the last 24 hours
- had diarrhea in the last 24 hours
- a rash with itching or fever
- bacterial pink eye (red or pink watery eyes that may have white or yellow discharge)
- strep throat
- ring worm (may return after 24 hours of treatment and area must be covered with a bandage while in school until area is resolved).
- Chicken pox (must stay home until all lesions have crusted over
- A frequent, persistent, and disruptive cough
- Frequent or persistent complaints of pain/discomfort
- been on an antibiotic for contagious symptoms less than 24 hours
- The need to be seen by a physician
Your child may return to school when:
- no fever of 100 degrees or greater for 24 hours without fever reducing medicine.
- Diarrhea and/or vomiting must have stopped for a full 24 hours without the aid of medication before returning to school..
If your child has seen a physician and he has ordered antibiotics, please keep your child home for 24 hours after the antibiotics have been started.