FCS is redistricting to relieve overcrowding at existing schools and to populate New Hope Elementary, which will open in August 2022. Potentially impacted elementary schools include but are not limited to Whitlow, Shiloh Point, Vickery Creek, Midway, Brandywine, and Big Creek. Middle and high school attendance lines will not change for 2022-23.
The standard practice for upper-grade students that are redistricted will be followed:
- With a completed 2022-23 out of district waiver, rising 5th-grade students may stay at their current school.
- Siblings of 5th graders may stay at their current school for one year.
- Families must provide their own transportation.
- Oct. 12: 2022-23 Draft Map Presented to BOE
- Oct. 13-27: Provide Online Feedback on the Draft Maps
- Oct. 18: Public Forum for Draft Map
- Forsyth Central HS Auditorium, 6 pm
- Nov. 9: BOE Meeting, 4 pm
- Nov. 16: BOE Approves Final Maps, 6 pm
- Dec. 1-Jan. 14: Out of District Application Period