Important Information Related to Online Learning
School Year: 2022 - 23
- . If you are a family who does not have an appropriate device (desktop computer, laptop computer, or Chromebook) to use at home, please reach out directly to your child’s teacher to arrange for pick up of a school-based device and power charger if possible during a virtual learning day. Please note: extenuating weather circumstances might prevent the ability to pick up a device to be used for virtual learning.
- Families will be responsible for ensuring that both the device and power charger are returned to the classroom when school resumes in-person.
- In the event that Chromebooks or power chargers for Chromebooks go missing or are damaged during home use, families will be financially responsible for them. Replacement costs are listed here: Chromebook = $295, Broken Screen = $91.29, Power Cord = $40.
Virtual Learning Expectations
- If families need assistance during virtual learning, please click this link for FCS’s Online Learning Help Guide
- Families may also want to click this link to view FCS Expectations for Virtual Learning
- Please follow the teacher’s preferred method of communication for the virtual learning days, i.e. email, itslearning messages, texts, phone calls, etc. If you are having issues accessing assignments, please reach out to your child’s teacher first. They can escalate the issue as necessary.
- It is not necessary for you to call the school to report issues with virtual learning, communication with your child’s teacher should be the first step.
- You may also contact the school’s ITS, Dane Forlenza, at firstname.lastname@example.org