There are many teams of Midway Leaders for the 2023-2024 School Year. Lighthouse Team and Kids with Character are chosen through an application and interview process each May.
Action Teams will begin after Labor Day on a rotation basis to be determined by the Midway staff member that sponsors each team.
Here are some details about the groups:
- The purpose of the Lighthouse Team is to promote The Leader in Me model inside the school so that it stays strong and vibrant year after year. This team, along with our administration, will help create student expectations in the classroom, hallway and cafe.
- They are called the Lighthouse Team because they coordinate the school-wide work needed to achieve and maintain a safe and fun school environment.
- They will give Leader in Me announcements on the morning news.
- They are responsible for hosting ELM Awards.
- They are responsible for leading tours of our school.
Kids With Character Team
- The purpose of the Kids with Character Team is to promote mentoring and reading inside the school for the K-2 students.
- Kids with Character will do this by meeting with K-2 students who might need the extra support and help with letter recognition, phonics and fluency.
- School Counselors will partner each 4th and 5th grade student with a K-2 classroom and those classroom teachers will work together to facilitate meeting times with students in their classroom who need the extra support.
- As a Leader in Me School, the purpose of Action Teams is to promote student leadership opportunities throughout Midway Elementary each day.
- Students will have opportunities to lead through Actions Teams such as: Morning Greeting Team/Cafe Helpers, Green Team, Yearbook Ambassadors (5th grade), Safety Patrols, Lost and Found Team, New Student/Welcome Team, Acts of Kindness and Service Team, Flag Detail Team, Morning News Team (5th grade), Office Delivery Team, and Tech Team.
- Each Action Team will be lead by various Midway Staff members.
- Action Team members will lead on a rotation basis during the school year.
- Some Action Teams may be limited to certain grade levels/participants and require an application and/or teacher recommendation.