East Forsyth High School Attendance
Phone: 770-888-1235 x 461010
FCSS Attendance Policy: https://www.forsyth.k12.ga.us/page/688
*PLEASE NOTE: We do not allow student checkouts or report absences by phone.
- The procedure for student absences has been updated. Please use the 2023-24 Student Absence Form to report your student being absent. The form includes an option to upload a medical note as well.
- Doctor’s notes for check-in/check-out can be emailed to email@example.com or reported via the 2023-24 Student Absence Form. Please do not use the form to request a self check-out for a student who drives themselves. The form is for past absences only, including parent notes and doctor’s notes.
- Student written notes are not accepted.
- If arriving after 8:25 AM students should report directly to the attendance office to check in and receive a pass to class. Students may check themselves in without a parent/guardian.
- Email check out requests are only for students who drive to school. Students who drive themselves are permitted to check themselves out provided that their parent or guardian send an email to the attendance office at least one hour prior to check out. Email should originate from the parent/guardian email on file in Parent Portal and include: student first and last name, student ID number, date, time, reason and parent/guardian contact number. Students who do not check-out with the attendance office before leaving campus will be considered skipping. Please do not use the 2023-24 Student Absence link to request a student check out.
- EFHS will not release any student to someone who is not on their approved pick-up list. To update this list, log in to Parent Portal and select the Demographics tab where you can add approved adults. You will need to do this for each student you have at East Forsyth High School. If you need help with your Parent Portal login, visit: https://campus.forsyth.k12.ga.us/campus/portal/forsyth.jsp
- When checking a student out you will need to provide the student number and your picture ID. * Tip: store your student’s ID number on your phone.
- The latest a student can check-out is 3:15 PM. Please make arrangements to have your child picked up before this time.
- When sending an email requesting that your student be checked out by someone not listed in Parent Portal, the email must originate from a parent/guardian email address in Parent Portal. Picture ID must be shown at pick up.
- Download the Campus Parent App to sign up for notifications of your student’s absences.