• Teaching and Learning Department

    Parents' Bill of Rights


    • A parent/guardian may request records relating to his or her minor child by submitting an FCS Records Request to the base school. If the parent/guardian wants to review the records with school staff, a mutually agreeable time for the parent/guardian to review the requested records will be scheduled during regular business hours. Records of withdrawn or graduated students are available by submitting a request at FCS Student Records Request. 

    • A parent/guardian may learn about his or her minor child’s course of study, including, but not limited to, parental access to instructional materials intended for use in the classroom, by submitting a written request to the principal of the minor child’s school. Instructional materials intended for use in the classroom will be made available for parental review during the first two weeks of each grading period, either online or on site upon a parent's/guardian's request made during the review period.

    • A parent/guardian may object to instructional materials intended for use in his or her minor child’s classroom or recommended by their minor child’s teacher. To submit a complaint, the parent/guardian shall contact the principal of his or her minor child’s school. The parent/guardian shall complete the appropriate form which the principal will forward to either the Director of Elementary Education or Director of Secondary Education, who will address the submission in accordance with Board Policy IFA.

    • A parent/guardian may withdraw his or her minor child from the school's prescribed course of study in sex education if the parent provides a written objection to his or her child's participation. Parents/guardians will be notified in advance of the sex education course content and parents will be given the opportunity to opt his or her minor child out of participation by notifying the minor child’s teacher in writing. The FCS Sex Education Parent Permission form will be sent to all parents/guardians of 6- 12 students enrolled in health classes.

    • A parent/guardian may provide written notice that photographs or video or voice recordings of his or her minor child are not permitted, subject to applicable public safety and security exceptions, by notifying the principal of the minor child’s school in writing upon enrollment. Parents/guardians will complete and submit the FCS Annual Consent Form indicating their preference regarding photographs, videos, and voice recordings. 

    Please click this link to view the adopted Instructional Resources for FCS students.