Riverwatch Middle School Attendance
Email: Breanna Hayworth (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Fax: (678) 455-7316
FCS Attendance Policy: https://www.forsyth.k12.ga.us/page/688
Please forward attendance information for your student to the attendance office using the email provided. Parent or medical notes can be sent in with your student, delivered in person, faxed or emailed. Checkouts must be done in-person. NO checkouts by phone or by email.
- Please include: student first and last name, student ID number, date(s) of absence(s) and reason.
- Notes must be emailed to email@example.com , submitted in writing to the attendance office located in the Counseling Office, or sent by fax to (678) 455-7316 within five (5) school days of absence to be excused. See the FCS Attendance Policy for reasons excused/unexcused.
- Student written notes are not accepted.
- After 10 absences (parent excuse or without a medical note), a medical note will be required to excuse future absences. If the student has a combination of 10 check-ins and/or check-outs without medical notes, medical notes will be required to excuse an absence.
- Students are to be in class at 9:00 AM.
- If arriving after 9:00 AM students are tardy and should report directly to the front office to check in via laptops and receive a pass to class.
- Students may check themselves in without a parent/guardian.
- No check-outs after 3:30 PM. Please make arrangements to have your child picked up before this time.
- RMS will not release any student to someone who is not on their approved pick-up list or under the age of 18 (including siblings). To update this list, log in to Parent Portal and select the Demographics tab where you can add approved adults. You will need to do this for each student you have. If you need help with your Parent Portal login, visit: https://campus.forsyth.k12.ga.us/campus/portal/forsyth.jsp
- When checking a student out, you will need to provide the student number and your picture ID. * Tip: store your student’s ID number on your phone.
- If it is necessary for your student to check-out early due to illness, they must see the school nurse first.
**Sports equipment, band instruments, water bottles, any food not related to a dietary concern, homework/projects, cellphones or deliveries (unless it is prescription medicine or eyeglasses) will be not be accepted.**
* Please be aware that 5 unexcused absences will result in a letter home. 8 or more unexcused absences will be referred to the Social Worker and possible truancy referrals could be made.
1st Day of School:
If your student will be missing the first day of school, please email Ms. Hayworth. Per county guidelines, if a student is absent on the first day of school for an unknown reason, your student will be withdrawn. If your student returns within 10 days, RMS can re-enroll your student. If your student returns after 10 days, you will have to send a current utility bill to Ms. Hayworth. After September 1st, you will have to re-register your student at the Hill Center.