WELCOME TO THE DAVES CREEK ELEMENTARY COUNSELING PROGRAM
The mission of the Daves Creek Elementary School Counseling Program is to support and enhance student development by providing opportunities for academic, social, emotional and physical growth.
Counselors provide services in the following areas:
* Guidance activities in the classroom to help develop student skills in areas such as friendship, cooperation, goal-setting, responsibility, feelings, conflict resolution, respect, problem solving, organization, test taking and study skills and more.
* Small group counseling for topics such as study skills, social skills, changing families, anger management/ impulse control, grief and loss and others.
* Brief individual counseling to assist students in processing all types of feelings and issues.
* Consultation with parents or caregivers and teachers, to assist with social, emotional, or educational concerns.
* Assisting in referrals for services and community resources.
Your child is supported by a team of caring professionals here at Daves Creek. Teachers, administrators, counselors and other education specialists work together, in conjunction with you, the parent, to maximize your child's academic achievement and personal development.
The Daves Creek Elementary Counseling and Guidance Program aligns with Georgia Performance Standards and The American School Counselor Association Standards.