Mission Statement and Core Beliefs
Counseling Department Mission Statement
To promote educational performance, providing all students with the opportunities to acquire the academic, career, personal, and social competencies necessary to achieve quality learning and life-long success.
1. All students have dignity and worth.
2. All students have the right to be served by a professional school counselor as well as to have access to a developmental and comprehensive school counseling program.
3. The school counseling program will be evaluated on goals related to student competencies and will be consistent with expected developmental stages of learning.
4. Professional school counselors will use data to drive counseling program development and evaluation, and will actively monitor student results.
5. The school counseling program shares responsibility with the community and family for student success; therefore, the school counseling program will have an advisory committee comprised of state certified professional school counselors as well as representatives from the school and the community for planning, coordinating, and evaluating the program.
6. Professional school counselors will participate in ongoing professional learning opportunities to maintain a quality school counseling program.
7. All professional school counselors will abide by the ethical guidelines and mandates of the American School Counselors association and the Georgia School Counselors association.