Welcome to the Sawnee Elementary School Clinics!Clinic hours 7:30-3:30PK- 2nd GradeRobyn Freeze, RNSchool Nurse Building 2770-887-6161, Ext 772103Grades 3-5Kate McAllister, RNSchool Nurse Building 1770-887-6161, Ext 771104We welcome your visits and calls if you have any questions.By working together, we can ensure a healthy and safe school year for every student!
STUDENTS WILL BE SENT HOME FOR:
- If their temperature is 100.4 or higher
- If they are actively vomiting
- If they have diarrhea
- If they need to be seen by a physician
- If the school nurse feels it is in their best interest
- Epi-pens, Albuterol, Benedryl, Tylenol, or Cough Drops cannot be supplied by the school. Medications of any type, even over the counter medications, should never be brought to school by the child. We ask the parent to please bring medications to the clinic.
- A Request for Administration of Medication Form must be completed by parent/ guardian for each medication.
- A Doctor's signature on all Care Plans and medication forms for prescription medications is required for all medications that will be given for longer than a two week period.
- Food allergies of any kind are not recognized by our cafeteria staff unless we have a Food Allergy Action Plan signed by a doctor. These forms may be found on the Health Link Tab or you may pick up forms from the nurse.
- Please keep our staff and the school nurse informed of any health conditions that could affect your child while at school.
- Children do have accidents at school: please be sure to send a change of clothing in their backpack to keep at school. This is for every grade, even older students have accidents/spills.
- Students must be fever free (100.4 degrees or greater) for 24 hours without use of fever reducing medicine before returning to school. Students must also be vomiting/diarrhea free for 24 hours before returning to school.
- If your child has seen a physician and he has ordered antibiotics, please keep child home for 24 hours after the antibiotics have been started.
HEARING/VISION/DENTAL SCREENING IS DONE YEARLY FOR 1st, 3rd, and 5th GRADE STUDENTS:
Clinic Wish List:*Zip loc bags (sandwich & gallon) * Bandaids (reg & large size) *Saltine Crackers *Tissues *New Boys/Girls underwear *Elastic waist shorts and pants"Children need to learn to be healthy and need to be healthy to learn."
- Please make sure if your child wears glasses or contacts that they bring them to school for screenings.
- If your student did not pass the first screening, a second screening will be done by a nurse and you will be notified if the results require a referral for further care.