Welcome to Our School Nurse Page
The School Nurse enhances student achievement
by improving the Health and Safety of our children
School Nurse: Barbara Pressley
Telephone: 770-346-0040 x180124
A NOTE FROM OUR NURSE:
If a student is really sick, he/she should be kept at home. This helps stop infection of other children. FCS wellness policy is as follows below. Children should not attend school if:
Temperature is 100 or above, children need to be fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medication before returning to school.
- If the student has been on an antibiotic for LESS THAN 24hrs.
- They have had diarrhea or vomiting in the last 24 hours.
- They have a rash with fever.
- They have bacterial pink eye, (red or pink watery eyes that may have white or yellow discharge), they may not return until 24 hours after antibiotic treatment has begun.
- They have Strep throat-they may not return until after 24 hours of treatment and with out a fever.
- They have ringworm, they may return after 24 hours of treatment and area must be covered with a bandage while in school until area is resolved.
- They have chickenpox, they must stay out of school until all lesions have crusted over.
- They have a frequent OR persistent cough.
- They have frequent OR persistent complaints of pain/discomfort
Parents please note that the supplies used in the clinic are purchased entirely by PTO funds. With over 8,000 clinic visits per school year, we indeed generate a "huge" need for ongoing replenishing of supplies. I am, and the children of VCE are VERY GRATEFUL to the PTA for their most generous & constant support of the VCE Clinic & our "awesome" children!