School Policies & ProceduresSchool Hours & Student Drop Off
School hours are 7:10-2:20 PM. Students should not be dropped off at Chattahoochee before 7:10 AM unless they are going to chorus or another approved school related program. On Early Release days, students will be dismissed at 11:50.
- Notifying the School of Absences
It is not necessary to call the school to report your child’s absence. However, if you would like to notify the teacher of the absence, e-mail the child’s teacher directly and cc: email@example.com
- Excusing Absences
For an absence to be excused, a written note, fax, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org must be must be received within 5 school days of the absence.
- Early Check-Out
For an early check-out to be excused, a doctor’s note must be received within 5 school days of the check-out. To be counted present for the entire day, students must remain at school until 11:00.
- Tracking Attendance Online
Tracking your child’s attendance can be done through Parent Portal. For password information, please come into the school and present identification and we will request an activation email for you.
- Complete Attendance Policy
For complete attendance policy information, please click here.
- Bus Route Information: For information about our bus routes, visit the FCSS home page (https://www.forsyth.k12.ga.us/) and click on Bus Stops. Click I agree and then Continue.
- Car Rider Information: Each family is pre-assigned a car rider number. Car number tags are available for pick up at the front desk. In order to obtain the tag, you must be the legal guardian or designated person on the check-out card and provide a valid ID at the time of pick up.
- Transportation changes must be received by 7:40am either by emailing your teacher or sending in a hand written note with your student. In an event of an emergency, you must email the following people: student’s teacher, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org You should receive a confirmation via email. If you do not receive a confirmation by 2:00 pm, please call the school at (770) 781-2240 ext. 150102/151103. No changes may be left on a voicemail and this procedure will only be accepted for emergencies.
- After the first week of school, car riders will be dismissed at 3:00.
NOTE: Students may only ride their assigned bus and get off at their assigned bus stop.
Visitors & Volunteers
We encourage and welcome parents and relatives to visit and volunteer at our school. For the protection of our children, all visitors and volunteers must have a valid driver’s license (or another form of government issued identification) to check in with the office upon entering the school building. To sign in using the Computerized Visitor Check-In System Raptor, your license will be scanned into the database on your first visit. For return visits, guests will sign themselves in at the kiosk located in the main lobby. All Visitors and Volunteers must have their identification readily available to show for safety purposes anytime they are in the building. An adhesive badge will then be printed, showing the visitor's photo, name, destination, and date. All visitors and volunteers must wear their badge for the duration of their visit. Visitors and volunteers must check out of the building at the end of their visit by scanning their badge at the kiosk station in the front lobby. Visitors and volunteers must enter and exit the building through the front main doors only.
- Notifying the School of Absences