Welcome to the Hub!Media Center Paraprofessional: Gina Flannery ( firstname.lastname@example.org )770-781-4889, extension 290150If you would be willing to volunteer in the media center, please email Gina Flannery!
The only constant in today's educational climate is change! Media centers evolve in order to keep up with the ever-changing needs students.
The Hub has an open schedule which allows students access at any time during the school day. There are areas where students can work quietly, and areas where they can socialize and work together.
The Hub's online catalog offers 2 new ways to access information at home are:
- Webpath Express
- Students log in on the Media Catalog, then click Webpath Express on the left side menu.
- useful for searching for activities, videos, tutorials, articles, games, etc... based on a content area standards
- Students log in on the Media Catalog.
- Type in any topic you wish to search. Press Enter.
- Results will pop up if the Hub has any books on that topic.
- A new tab will also pop up on the right top side of the screen. (OneSearch)
- Click OneSearch... Get Results...
- Start exploring by checking the GREEN CHECK MARK beneath the databases OneSearch scanned for you.
- Perfect for research in the content areas - FCS has determined these databases as credible and appropriate. OneSearch removes the guesswork for you!
We encourage all students at LMS to get a library card for the Forsyth County Public Library!Access Forsyth County Public Library eResources by clicking the link below:
Research indicates that students that read for pleasure consistently perform better in school than their peers that are not regular pleasure readers – to encourage more pleasure reading, our collection is broadening to cater to a variety of different levels and interests. The explosion in popularity of young adult literature is bringing more and more readers to the media center, and we’re crafting a collection that appeals to the more sophisticated middle school reader of today – filled with challenging, thought-provoking, funny, sad, intriguing reads.
We’re changing to meet the information literacy needs of Liberty’s students. Come by and see what we have for you!