Welcome to Otwell Middle School PTO- Proud Home of the Bulldogs!
We have a new year upon us and our PTO is committed to helping parents understand the importance of supporting their children in school activities. We encourage parents and community members to be informed about education programs and activities in order to understand and support our school.
The purpose of the PTO is to support the faculty, staff, parents, and most importantly our students. PTO explores programs, events, and opportunities aimed at enhancing the educational environment for our students throughout the year. Some of our goals are to provide department/ grade level grants to support student learning, procure corporate sponsorships, and encourage family and community involvement.
In order to be successful, Otwell needs the support and involvement of our families, faculty, staff, and community business leaders.
Supporting PTO means you will be:
· Connected: Receive timely PTO communications about what is happening at OMS via e-mail, flyers & telephone;
· Tap into a Network: PTO functions are an opportunity to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences;
· Witness Improvement: By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. PTOs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events;
· Watch Yourself Grow: By volunteering you will have the opportunity to put your skills and creativity to great use for a great cause. Our PTO is as strong as its volunteers. Even an hour of your time will help;
· Be a Role Model: The most important reason to support PTO is the impact you will make in your child’s life and educational experience!
Another way to show your support is to participate in the many events and programs that we are planning for the year. Your participation could be that of a volunteer or as an attendee. Whatever level of participation you select, your time and involvement will certainly be appreciated.
Please feel free to connect with OMS PTO Board…
Catherine Shaub-co president