South Forsyth Middle School Science
- 6th grade science: The purpose of this class is to prepare our students for success in high school science classes. Topics covered this year are Meteorology - the study of the atmosphere; Geology - the study of the solid Earth; Oceanography - the study of the ocean; and Astronomy - the study of the physical things beyond Earth. We will have hands on activities in class, outdoor activities and labs, in-class labs, and Internet simulations.
- 7th grade science: The purpose of this class is to give students the necessary skills for a smooth transition from elementary life science standards to high school biology standards. It gives the students an overview of common strands in life science including diversity of living organisms, structure and function of cells, heredity, ecosystems, and biological evolution. Seventh grade students keep records of their observations and use those records to analyze the data they collect. They use observations to explain diversity of living organisms and how they are classified and students will explore human anatomy through the use of hands-on activities.
- 8th grade science: The science curriculum taught in eighth grade covers Georgia Performance Standards for Physical Science both the eighth grade and high school standards. Students are taught an overview of common strands in Physical Science including the nature of matter, laws of energy, matter, motion and forces and energy transformation, and chemistry. Successful completion of the course will earn one high school credit of required Physical Science in High School.
6th Grade 7th Grade 8th Grade
*Department ChairMr. W. LimingMs. R. Collins
Quick Links - Click on the link to access data.
- GPS Standards for Science
- 6th Grade Science Curriculum Map
- 7th Grade Science Curriculum Map
- 8th Grade Science Curriculum Map
Last Modified on June 1, 2018