WELCOME TOSOUTH FORSYTH EAGLES ATHLETICSWe appreciate your support of the South Forsyth Eagles Athletics Department. Please click on the links to the left to find information on the team sports offered at South Forsyth. Click on the Eagle Links below for other athletic items of interest at SFMS.GO BIG BLUE!!!
South Forsyth Middle School is excited about our football game this Tuesday,
September 8th at South Forsyth High School at 6:30pm.
Due to Covid-19 and in preparation for Tuesday’s game, we would like to make our community aware of the following new stadium expectations based on state and district guidelines:
- All children (elementary and middle school aged) must be accompanied by an adult. Students dropped off without parent supervision will be asked to call a parent to take them home.
- All fans are expected to be seated in the stadium and fans will also be asked to socially distance.
- Fans in bleachers will be asked to sit every other row.
- All tickets must be purchased in advance and online. No ticket sales at the gates. Click here to purchase tickets
- FCS Staff badges plus one guest will be honored.
- No bookbags, balls or outside food or drinks will be allowed.
- Forsyth County Schools’ middle and high school fall athletics will follow the district’s Guidelines for Opening Schools. We request that attendees who choose to attend these games take daily temperature checks prior to leaving home and wear a mask.
Thank you for supporting South Forsyth Middle School Football!The iChallenge is month long virtual fitness competition taking the place of the annual iRun this year.
Join the iChallenge - Look Good, Feel Good, Do Good!
Our 31 day Challenge will help you build healthy habits and become part of our community
to help you achieve your health goals.Congratulations to 7th graders, Braden Belue and Carson Knowles, and 8th graders, AJ McIllwain, Brandon Jones, Joseph Tripp, Alex Urias, and Jack Racki for earning SFMS's Iron Eagle Award. The Iron Eale Award is earned by participating in all three sports in a school year.Braden earned his award by being a running back and linebacker for the football team, was a member of the 7th grade basketball team, and sprinted for the track team.Carson played running back and linebacker on the football team, was a member of the 7th grade basketball team, and threw shot and disc for the track team.AJ earned his award by playing quarterback and cornerback as a member of the football team, was a leader on the basketball court, and was a competitive high jumper for our track team.Brandon is a two year Iron Eagle award recipient. As an 8th grader, Brandon played multiple positions on the football team (tailback, quarterback, and free safety), was a member of the basketball team, and sprinted & long jumped for the track team.Joseph earned his award by being a running back and linebacker for the football team, was a member of the 8th grade basketball team, and sprinted for the track team.Alex earned his award by playing multiple positions on the football team (wide receiver, running back, linebacker, defensive end and punter), was a member of the basketball team, and sprinted & long jumped for our track team.Jack earned his award by playing center and defensive line during football season, played basketball, and threw shot for our track team.A few special notables: Alex was named as an All-County award winner in football and scored 5 touchdowns in a single game vs. Riverwatch. He also won first place in the long jump at the county track meet. Brandon and Joseph were named as All-County award winners in football, while AJ was named as an All-County award winner for the 8th grade basketball team.In addition, Brandon, Joseph, and Alex were 3 of the 4 members of our 4x100 team to set a new county record of 46.47.Thank you Braden, Carson, AJ, Brandon, Joseph, Alex and Jackfor your commitment to SFMS athletics.The SFMS coaches look forward to recognizing future three sport athletes during upcoming years.
Remember, ALL students trying out for a sport need to have a current PHYSICAL on file.
The 2020-2021 Athletic Booster Club Representatives:President: Marc HovisVice- President: Allison CardaretteTreasurer: Greg StreetSecretary: Kelley BelueBusiness Support:We would like to extend a special thank you to the area businesses that support all of the Eagle Athletic Programs. Through their generosity, South Forsyth is able to provide the highest quality athletic programs. Please support these community businesses; let them know when you do that you are from SFMS and you appreciate all they do! Please see link below.Business Partners:ChicFilaI9 SportsAccurate FenceBell Cabinetry & DesignTaylor Benefits Group (TBG)State Farm/ Andy AgeeWindermere OrthodonticsFundraising:All proceeds from fundraising go toward supporting the athletic program. Funds raised pay for equipment, uniforms, custodians, EMT services, police officers, game workers, clinics, and other any other extra duties.Season Pass Information:Season passes are on sale!The cost is $50 and the pass gets two people in free to all home South Forsyth Middle School Athletic events for the school year of 2017-2018.The passes will be available Fall of 2017! Please contact Chris Baker.Ticket Information:Tickets for home athletic events can be purchased at lunch the day of event or at the athletic event.Tickets are $5 for adults and $3 for children.Athletic Eligibility:Students who want to try out for South Forsyth Middle School Athletics must satisfy the following requirements before they can tryout.
1. Students must pass 5 of 7or 6 of 8 classes to be eligible to tryout for any sport per last semester.
2. Students must have an updated insurance and physical form completed to be eligible to tryout for any sport. These forms are only valid for one year from the date of the physical. These two forms can be printed by clicking on the links to the right. If you cannot print this form, see one of the SFMS coaches for copies. They can also be found in the school's front office.Student Behavior at Athletic Events:Students can stay after school for all home athletic events. Students will be monitored in the cafeteria and gym by a school employee. Students who attend athletic events will be accountable to SFMS school rules. Students should not leave campus for any reason during an event unless accompanied by a parent or guardian. This includes going to McDonalds or Citgo. Parents or guardians will be asked to pick up student if school rules are broken.