SFMS Local School Council
The purpose of the Local School Council is to foster and facilitate a relationship between South Forsyth Middle School and the surrounding community. The council brings together members of business, community representatives and school leaders who strive to solve difficult education problems, improve academic achievement, provide support for teachers and administrators, and bring parents into the school-based decision making process.
Members of the Local School Council serve two-year terms. The members include parents, teachers, business partners, as well as the school principal.
We would like to thank these members for their hard work and dedication to making South Forsyth Middle School a better place for the students in our community.
Local School Council Members 2016-2017
LeAnn MockPaige Laine
Josh Lipps - TeacherPam Hodge - TeacherSandy Tinsley - Principal
The roles and responsibilities of School Council members are several. All members of the School Council must:
- Maintain a school-wide perspective on issues
- Regularly participate in council meetings ( a minimum of 4 per year are required for each council)
- Participate in information and training programs
- Act as a link between the school council and the community
- Encourage the participation of parents and others within the school community, and
- Work to improve student achievement and performance.
All meetings will take place in the front office conference room. The meetings will begin at 4:30 pm.
Dates to be arranged.For the County Educational Leadership Page: https://www.forsyth.k12.ga.us/page/326