UPCOMING 11th GRADERS
will need a second dose of the meningitis (MCV4) vaccine to attend school in August.
Please note that the MCV4 booster must be given on or after their 16th birthday to be valid.
Local health departments and care providers are especially busy this year with vaccination efforts.
Please schedule your child’s vaccination appointment as soon as possible.
SFHS Health Clinic
Please feel free to reach out to me at anytime. I welcome your input in helping your student be their healthiest self.
Healthy children are successful learners. The school nurse has a multi-faceted role within the school setting, one that supports the physical, mental, emotional, and social health of students and their success in the learning process.
The School Nurse:
- provides direct health care to students and staff,
- provides leadership for the provision of health services,
- provides screening and referral for health conditions,
- promotes a healthy school environment,
- promotes health,
- serves in a leadership role for health policies and programs, and
- serves as a liaison between school personnel, family, community, and health care providers.
The School Nurse and the Health Services program for Forsyth County Schools advances the well-being,academic success, and life-long achievement of students. To that end, school nurses facilitate positive student responses to normal development; promote health and safety; intervene with actual and potential health problems; provide case management services; and actively collaborate with others to build student and family capacity for adaptation, self management, self advocacy, and learning.