Name: Judy Femia
Email Address: Jfemia@forsyth.k12.ga.us
Phone number: (678) 965-5010 ext. 381527
Services provided by school nurses include:1. Promotion of healthy life styles.2. Health care counseling or guidance to students, family, and staff.3. Identify health concerns by observation and assessment of needs, and provide appropriate care.4. Medication management5. Immunization verification according to state guideline requirements.6. Screenings: vision, hearing, scoliosis.COVID Guidelines
Please Visit FCS Restart for additional information: FCS Restart 2020-2021Please see side tabs to view medication policies and other important information.Useful Links:FCS Restart
- The school nurse will be the school’s main COVID-19 point of contact.
- Staff and families are asked to do daily temperature checks prior to leaving for school/work
.All will be reminded to cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue and to place the tissue in the trash and immediately wash their hands.
- Periodic health screenings of students and employees may be conducted including random temperature checks if cases of COVID-19 are present.
- Students and employees with COVID-19 symptoms or a temperature of 100.4 and above will be immediately isolated and sent home. School clinics have additional PPE (personal protective equipment).
- If a student or staff member tests positive for COVID-19, the Department of Public Health will be notified immediately for guidance on next steps, including closures. Letters will be sent home to notify parents/guardians of positive COVID-19 cases in the classroom.
- All students and staff must stay home if they have COVID-19 symptoms or tested positive for COVID19, and self-report to the school nurse. The Department of Public Health will advise them when to return.
- The Department of Public Health will inform parents/guardians directly if their student has been in close contact with a person that has tested positive COVID-19 and will advise them how long to quarantine.
- Quarantined students will have access to their education through itslearning; FCS will not have perfect attendance awards or programs for the school year.
- All students and staff are expected to wear a mask when feasible: buses, classrooms, corridors, etc
Last Modified on September 15, 2020