AP Coordinator: Kelli Schuyler, firstname.lastname@example.orgAP Coordinator: Dr. Tasha Young, email@example.com
AP Exam Testing Information 2021
REGISTRATION CLOSES TUESDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2020
About AP Exams
The Advanced Placement Program (AP) offers students the opportunity to take college-level courses and exams in high school, with the potential to earn college credit and/or advanced placement in courses, at many college and univerisites in the Us and around the world. The AP Exams adminstered in May are standardized exams designed to measure how well students have mastered the content and skills of a specific AP course. Most AP courses have an end-of-year paper-and-pencil exam, but a few courses have different ways to assess what you’ve learned—for example, AP Art and Design students submit a portfolio of work for scoring.
FOR ALL VIRTUAL STUDENTS: You must register through your base school. Should you return to your base school, you must use a transfer code for AP Classroom and AP testing purposes. Please contact your base school’s coordinator.
For 2021 Testing, AP Exam fees are $95 per exam and
a $25 per year/student Administratrion Fee.
- The State of Georgia will cover the exam fee of $95 of one STEM content area; however, the Admin Fee of $25 still applies.
- During the registration process in Total Registration, students must select they are taking a STEM content Exam.
- Their registration will be queued, so the $95 waiver may be applied.
- Once the waiver is applied, the registration will be released for payment.
- 2020-2021 Homeschool AP Exam Registration
- Location: West Forsyth High School
- Link too WFHS Home School Registration information
- AP Chinese will be offered by the district this year.
- The testing location will be West Forsyth High School.
- Students should register at their base school under an "Exam Only" Join code.
- AP Chinese Registration Instructions
Registration OPENS on August 17, 2020
Registration CLOSES on Tuesday, October 27th.
Late Registration incurs a $40/exam late fee imposed by College Board.
Registration for GAVS second semester only courses opens in January and closes Feb 19th. Late registration closes Feb 26th.
Two-Step AP Exam Registration
In order for the AP Coordinators to submit an exam order for students, all students must register for AP exams online in BOTH the My AP platform AND Total Registration.
Exams will only be ordered once students are:
1. Registered in the My AP Platform
- Use of teacher supplied join code to join AP Classes
- access to student resources and
- register intent to take exam(s)
- default setting “undecided”
- students must select "Yes" or "No"
- student information collected for AP testing labels
2. Paid in full in Total Registration.
- The payment platform used by district high schools.
- Parents/ students make payment directly online through Total Registration
- Join codes are also available on TR site. (Particularly useful for “Exam Only” sections)
- Payments made online by debit or credit card (also option to mail in payment).
- Siblings must register separately. Each student needs his/her own individual registrations/accounts.
Links to Complete Registration
UPDATED 2021 AP Exam Schedule
AP Exams will be school-based, paper and pencil tests given May 3-17, 2021.
As a district, we feel the paper and pencil testing is the best way for our students to utilize the test taking strategies and skills taught in our AP courses.