AP Coordinator: Kelli Schuyler, email@example.com
AP Exam Testing Information 2022
REGISTRATION CLOSES TUESDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2021 @ 7:00PM
About AP Exams
The Advanced Placement Program (AP) offers students the opportunity to take college-level courses and exams in high school, with the potential to earn college credit and/or advanced placement in courses, at many college and univerisites in the Us and around the world. The AP Exams adminstered in May are standardized exams designed to measure how well students have mastered the content and skills of a specific AP course. Most AP courses have an end-of-year paper-and-pencil exam, but a few courses have different ways to assess what you’ve learned—for example, AP Art and Design students submit a portfolio of work for scoring.
FOR ALL VIRTUAL STUDENTS: You must register through your base school. Should you return to your base school, you must use a transfer code for AP Classroom and AP testing purposes. Please contact your base school’s coordinator.
For May 2022 Testing, AP Exam fees are $96 per exam and
a $25 per year/student Administratrion Fee.
- The State of Georgia will cover the exam fee of $96 of one STEM content area; however, the Administrative Fee of $25 still applies.
- During the registration process in Total Registration, students must select they are taking a STEM content Exam.
- Their registration will be queued, so the $96 waiver may be applied.
- Once the waiver is applied, the registration will be released for payment.
- 2020-2021 Homeschool AP Exam Registration
- Location: Alliance Academy for Innovation (AAI)
- AAI Home School Registration information
- Link to AAI AP Webpage
- AP Chinese will be offered by the district this year.
- The testing location will be Alliance Academy for Innovation (AAI).
- Students should register with AAI "Exam Only" Join code. Consult the AAI webpage for information regarding registration for AP Chinese.
Registration OPENS on Monday, August 16, 2021
Registration CLOSES on Tuesday, October 26, 2021.
Late Registration incurs a $40/exam late fee imposed by College Board.
- Cancellation of Exams: For the 2021-22 school year, the cancellation of an AP exam(s) will incur a $40/exam cancellation fee from College Board.
- If the cancellation is requested prior to the October 26th deadline, students may get a full refund of the $96 exam fee(s).
- The $25 Administration Fee is NON-REFUNDABLE.
Registration for GAVS second semester only courses opens in January and late registration closes March 2nd.
Two-Step AP Exam Registration
In order for the AP Coordinators to submit an exam order for students, all students must register for AP exams online in BOTH the My AP platform AND Total Registration.
Exams will ONLY be ordered once students are:
1. Registered in the My AP Platform
- Use of teacher supplied join code to join AP Classes
- access to student resources and
- register intent to take exam(s)
- default setting “undecided”
- students must select "Yes" or "No"
- student information collected for AP testing labels
- The payment platform used by district high schools.
- Parents/ students make payment directly online through Total Registration
- Join codes are also available on TR site. (Particularly useful for “Exam Only” sections)
- Payments made online by debit or credit card (also option to mail in payment).
- Siblings must register separately. Each student needs his/her own individual registrations/accounts.
Join Codes for each course and section, including the "Exam Only" sections, are available on Total Registration once students have created an account and registered for their exams.
- To find the join codes, students should go to their Total Registration home page after registering
- Select “Student Account History”
- Find the Join Code(s) on the right-hand side of the table.
Online students may find it more helpful to register in Total Registration and then the appropriate class section in My AP. See information for online students.
Links to Complete Registration