LHS Educational Technology Coaches:
Mr. Brian Daughtery
Mrs Allison Cochran
(678) 965-5050 x411073
Lambert High School Technology Plan
LHS' Technology Vision:
Lambert High School transforms the way learning occurs by utilizing technology inside and outside of the classroom to engage students in their learning.
LHS' Technology Purpose:
Technology is used as a primary means of delivering a high quality education and preparing students for tomorrow's world by instilling creativity and innovation, communication and collaboration, research and information fluency, and critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills. (21st Century Skills)
LHS' ITS Mission:
The mission of the ETCs at Lambert is to develop, encourage, and nurture LHS teachers' abilities and confidence in learning, selecting, and integrating technology to engage our students.
LHS' Technology Expectations:
- All LHS teachers maintain and use Canvas courses for each of the subjects that they teach.
- At a minimum, these courses contain a "Weekly Plans" module and a new Weekly Plans Page is posted as Front Page each week.
- All LHS teachers use Canvas to notify students of upcoming assessments (at least one week in advance for summative assessments).
- It is recommended that these courses also utilize the other features of Canvas, including Quizzes/tests, Discussions, and Assignments.
- Instructional materials are designed with student interaction and engagement in mind.
- Lessons involving a variety of tech tools is encouraged.
- Classroom projects go beyond presentation of content by requiring students to interpret, apply, and create. (Videos, PhotoStories, webquests, websites, and podcasts involve higher levels of thinking.
- LHS administration and ETCs model, encourage, and support technology usage.
- LHS ETCs offer technology tips and trainings throughout the year.