Welcome to the
Lakeside Counseling Page
Lakeside Middle School Counselors
6th Grade Counselor
Extension - 431003
7th Grade Counselor
Extension - 431007
8th Grade Counselor
Extension - 431005
Please check the "Transition Activities" pages for updated middle school and high school
Congratulations to our 2018 REACH Scholar - Marleen Barron!!!
Upcoming Events & Information
Lakeside Counseling Department Mission Statement
The mission of Lakeside Middle School’s Counseling Department is to support and foster the personal, academic, and career development of all students to prepare them for success in a rapidly changing global community.
Middle School Counselors
The Counselors seek to provide services for students, parents, teachers and school staff that will help to develop the many areas of a student's needs, including personal, social and educational development.
The School Counselors are available to all students and parents and help to ensure that the students acquire and demonstrate the knowledge, attitudes, and skills needed in educational planning, career development, and personal/social development in preparation for meaningful participation in a complex, changing world.
Expectations play a major role in helping students be successful. Research suggests that if parents and teachers hold high expectations for children, they usually live up to them. The following tips will help parents learn how to expect the best from their children and get it!
- Emphasize the importance of attending school
- Help your child set goals and achieve them
- Expect your child to try his/her best
- Always focus on the positive
- Be consistent about studying and completing homework
- Take time to talk, listen, and be there for your child
Counselors provide the following to students:
- Individual and group counseling
- Classroom guidance
- Reviewing of test results to analyze achievement and potential
- Information for future planning to students
- Consultations with parents, teachers, administrators, and other professionals
- Coordination of services for students both inside and outside the school
- Workshops for parents and teachers
- Help to children with emotional crises
- Facilitation of better peer relationships
- Encouragement to students to recognize and make the best use of their abilities
- Assistance to parents and teachers in helping children
- Prevention of major problems before they occur
For Questions Regarding Enrollment:
Please contact the Hill Educational Center at (678) 947-0863, ext. 0 to schedule an appointment to register your child (calls will be returned within 24 business hours). The Registration Center is located at 136 Elm Street, Cumming, Georgia 30040. More information can be found at www.forsyth.k12.ga.us at the student registration link.
ATTENTION 8th GRADE PARENTS:
There are different career pathway options at the Forsyth County High Schools. Information about career pathway options is available on the Forsyth County Schools website. Should a student wish to apply for a program that is not offered at their districted school, they need to apply for an Out of District request. Parents also need to plan on providing transportation for their student to that school should their request be granted. Out of District forms are on the Forsyth County Schools website under Educational Leadership.The Forsyth County Sheriff's Office School Resource Officer Unit and Forsyth County Schools' Safety Department work together to provide Campus Crime Stoppers, which provides an avenue for students to submit anonymous tips about non-urgent illegal activities such as unsolved cases, vandalism, theft, the sale and distribution of drugs, possession of weapons or information about crimes that are being planned on their schools' campus.Submit a Campus Crime Stopper Anonymous Tip by:
EMAIL - Anonymous Tip Form
TEXT to CRIMES (274637), Start message with FCSS
Please do your part to assure the safety of yourself and your classmates. If someone brings drugs, a gun, knife or any other weapon to school, we want to know.You can remain completely anonymous while furnishing information that could prevent someone from harming themselves or others.Emergencies Dial 911