2020-2021 Parking Policies
The application process for parking for the 2020-2021 school year will follow the procedures below:
The parking fee is payable when
parking tags are picked up on July 20-22.
By completing an online application, you agree to abide by all of the Parking Rules and Regulations as posted.If you currently have your Class CP or MP Provisional License (your "Learner's Permit") you can still apply for a parking spot if you will have your full license (Class C, D, or M) by August 6, 2020 (the first day of school).
The Parking Application Results have been posted. Students can log into itsLearning, go to the SFHS Student Body Group course, and view the announcements on the Overview page to find the link to the results.
(If you are already logged into itsLearning, you can click here to go directly to the SFHS Student Body Group Overview page.)
If you do not have your full valid driver's license
by August 6, 2020 (the first day of school),
you will forfeit your parking space.
Parking Application Requirements
- Application window for Seniors is from Monday, April 27 through Monday, May 11.
- Application window for Sophomore and Juniors* is from Wednesday, May 13 through Wednesday, May 27.
*Sophomores and Juniors who will be eligible to have their full driver's license (Class C, D, or M) by August 6, 2020 (the first day of school) may apply for a parking spot.
- The form will require a Google account to complete, and will only let you submit one application per account. If you have multiple students who need to apply, each student should apply using their own account. (Every FCSS student has their own Google account through the district.)
- Proof of eligibility is still required - you should digitally scan a copy of your valid GA driver's license (front and back), proof of insurance, and vehicle registration.
- If you have concerns about digital file security, you should still complete the application online (leaving the Proof of Eligibility Upload blank), and email Mr. Keith Gravitt.
- If more applications are received than there are parking spots, then the selection process will be through a random lottery of all eligible applications. THERE IS A LIMITED NUMBER OF SPOTS AVAILABLE.
- All eligible seniors will be allocated a parking spot (subject to availability). If any spots remain, eligible sophomores and juniors who have applied during the appropriate window will be entered into a lottery for the remaining spots.
- The list(s) of students receiving parking spots will be posted in the SFHS Student Body Group in itsLearning.
- Students will be assigned a specific parking spot; that spot will not be determined until parking tag pickup on July 20-22.
Special notice: Due to the increased number of students participating in a non-traditional school day, we will not be able to honor any special parking considerations for students involved in programs like Out of District, MOWR, IE2, Teaching as a Profession, athletics, band, internships, or any similar programs. We recognize this is a huge inconvenience but there is no way to prioritize who would receive spaces and there simply are not enough spots to fill all needs. Thank you for your understanding as we deal with growing pains.
For any questions or clarification, please feel free to contact Mr. Keith Gravitt at email@example.com.