South Forsyth High School Attendance
Phone: 770-781-2264 ext. 100601
FCS Attendance Policy: https://www.forsyth.k12.ga.us/page/688
Please forward attendance / check-in / check-out information for your student to the attendance office using the email provided. Parent or medical notes can be sent in with your student, delivered in person, faxed or emailed. NO checkouts or excused absences by phone.
- Please include: student first and last name, student ID number, date(s) of absence(s) and reason.
- Notes must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org , submitted in writing to the attendance office located in the Main Office, or sent by fax to 770-888-1224 within five (5) school days of absence to be excused.
- Student written notes are not accepted.
- After 10 absences without a medical note being submitted, a medical note will be required to excuse an absence. If the student has a combination of 10 check-ins and/or check-outs without medical notes, medical notes will be required to excuse an absence.
- Students are to be in class at 8:25 AM
- If arriving after 8:25 AM students are tardy and should report directly to the attendance office to check in and receive a pass to class.
- Students may check themselves in without a parent/guardian.
- No check-outs after 3:15 PM. Please make arrangements to have your child picked up before this time.
- SFHS does not use the pick-up list from your student’s card from middle school. We go strictly by the information you enter in Parent Portal. SFHS will not release any student to someone who is not on their approved pick-up list. To update this list, log in to Parent Portal and select the Demographics tab where you can add approved adults. You will need to do this for each student you have at South Forsyth High School. If you need help with your Parent Portal login, visit: https://campus.forsyth.k12.ga.us/campus/portal/forsyth.jsp
- When checking a student out, you will need to provide the student number and your picture ID. * Tip: store your student’s ID number on your phone.
- If it is necessary for your student to check-out early due to illness, they must see the school nurse first. Nurse Ceniceros may require that their parent or guardian provide approval prior to the student leaving school premises or it may be necessary for the student to be picked up.
- Email check out requests are only for students who drive to school. Students who drive themselves are permitted to check out early provided that their parent or guardian send an email to the attendance office. Email should originate from the parent/guardian email on file in Parent Portal and include: student first and last name, student ID number, date, time, reason and parent/guardian contact number. We will call the number on file to confirm the check-out. We require at least one hour prior to the student’s check out time. Students who do not check-out with the attendance office before leaving campus will be considered skipping.
- Students may not check out and back in during lunch.
**Lunches, sports equipment, homework, cellphones or deliveries (unless it is prescription medicine) will be not be accepted.**
Drivers' Licenses and Certificates of School Enrollment
Students are required to have a Certificate of School Enrollment completed by the school before they can get a learner's permit or a driver's license. These forms are not available in electronic copy; they must be picked up in the main office.
Students should fill out the top of the form and then turn it in. The office will then check the students' attendance for the previous full year and fill out the schools' portion of the certificate. The certificates of attendance should be ready for the student to pick back up within 48 hours. Certificates of Attendance cannot be faxed.
Juniors and seniors may visit colleges during the school year for no more than 4 days per year. The student must bring documentation from the school indicating that the student visited the school. College visitations will be considered field trips as long as the student provides documentation.
Students interested in visiting a college should CLICK HERE to download the College Visit form, and have it signed by their teachers, the school principal, and a college representative. Forms must be returned to the attendance office following the college visit.