Dear Dragon Parents,
On behalf of the PTO, welcome to DeSana Middle School! As we begin our 5th year at DeSana, we celebrate the traditions and values that make our school exceptional. Amid these extraordinary times, we know that the relationships among our amazing staff, parents, and students are vital. In the words of Mattie Stepanek, “Unity is strength. When there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved.” Let us fill the 2020-2021 school year with teamwork, collaboration, and wonderful things. We need you to be part of the PTO team more than ever.
What is the PTO (Parent Teacher Organization)? We establish and maintain a working relationship among parents, the school, and the community. We enhance and support the educational programs and extracurricular activities at DeSana. We encourage parental involvement in educational and social experiences. Our grants help teachers and staff teach the curriculum in unique and exciting ways. Our fundraiser proceeds go directly toward supporting additional programs, equipment, supplies, and services that are not covered in the school budget. We recruit volunteers to help with PTO and school functions and programs.
Over the past three years, the PTO has been fortunate to assist DeSana with a wide variety of projects.
- Purchased a sound system for Band, performance risers for Chorus, displays and materials for Art, sets of literary books for Social Studies, ELA, and the Media Center.
- Provided general supplies for the school Nurse.
- Purchased sets of headphones, atlases, vocabulary books, and science lab supplies.
- Funded iPads, calculators, flexible seating cushions and chairs, and software.
- Provided funding and volunteer support for the 8th grade dance and picnic.
- Celebrated and recognized staff during Staff Appreciation Week with potluck meals.
- Provided refreshments to students and parents at Academic Achievement Award ceremonies and school competitions, including the Oratorical Contest, Geography Bee and the Spelling Bee.
- Sponsored the Impressions Art Contest.
Your support will be more critical than ever. We hope you will help participate in making these wonderful programs happen again this year by volunteering and joining the PTO. You will find a membership form at the PTO table during Dragon Camp as well as at other events taking place as we begin the school year.
For your convenience, you may also join and pay membership fees online: https://bit.ly/2Cz5gYZ
If you have any questions about the PTO, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com. The PTO Board looks forward to working alongside the parents, students, and staff who continue to make DeSana an exceptional school.
The 2020-2021 DeSana Dragons PTO Board