**The PTO is accepting nominations for PTO Officers for the 2020-2021 school year. We are looking for a President, three Vice Presidents, and one Secretary. Please use this form to submit nominations. You may nominate yourself or another person. If nominating someone else, please talk with that person before submitting their information. As far as time commitments, there is one 60-90 minute PTO Board meeting every month. Board members usually share other tasks as interests and schedules permit. Please submit nominations by March 18, 2020.
If you have any questions about the roles and responsibilities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for serving!
Dear Dragon Parents,
On behalf of the PTO, welcome to DeSana Middle School! We are beginning our 4th year at the Lair full of pride and excitement. This year promises to be fantastic, with our amazing staff, parents, and students working together to provide an environment ripe for learning and growing. Our experiences over the past three years prove our students have opportunities to be challenged, involved, and to become prepared for an exciting future.
What is the PTO? The PTO is the Parent Teacher Organization and we exist to establish and maintain a working relationship among parents, the school, and the community. We exist to enhance and support the educational
programs and extracurricular activities of the school. We encourage parental involvement in educational and social experiences. Our grants help teachers and staff support and enhance the ways they teach the curriculum. Our fundraiser proceeds go directly toward supporting additional programs, equipment, supplies, and services that may not be covered in the school budget. We recruit volunteers to help with PTO and school functions and programs.
Over the past three years, the PTO has been fortunate to assist DeSana with a wide variety of projects.
- Purchased a sound system for Band, performance risers for Chorus, displays and materials for Art, sets of literary books for Social Studies, ELA, and the Media Center.
- Provided general supplies for the school Nurse.
- Purchased sets of headphones, atlases, vocabulary books, and science lab supplies.
- Funded iPads, calculators, flexible seating cushions and chairs, and software.
- Helped to sponsor the DeSana Day of Good Deeds, D3 Day, which allows for our students, staff members, and parent volunteers to provide hands-on service throughout the community.
- Supported Red Ribbon Week and the DeSana Book Fair.
- Provided funding and volunteer support for the 8th grade dance and picnic.
- Celebrated and recognized staff during Staff Appreciation Week with potluck meals.
- Provided refreshments to students and parents at Academic Achievement Award ceremonies and school competitions, including the Oratorical Contest, Geography Bee and the Spelling Bee.
We hope you will participate in making these wonderful programs happen again this year by volunteering and joining the PTO. You will find a membership form at the PTO table during Dragon Camp and Open House. You may also join and pay membership fees online: https://form.jotform.co/91878479602876
If you have any questions about the PTO, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com. The PTO Board looks forward to working alongside the parents, students, and staff who have made and continue to make DeSana such an exceptional school.
The 2019-2020 DeSana Dragons PTO Board