Hi Dragon Parents:
Welcome to DeSana Middle School! As we enter another year at DeSana, we celebrate the traditions and values that make our school exceptional. Amid these extraordinary times, we know that the relationships among our amazing staff, parents, and students are vital. In the words of Mattie Stepanek, “Unity is strength. When there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved.” Our students and teachers need you to be part of the 2023-2024 PTO team.
What is the PTO?
The PTO is the Parent Teacher Organization and we exist to establish and maintain a working relationship among parents, the school, and the community.
We enhance and support the educational programs and extracurricular activities of the school.
We encourage parental involvement in educational and social experiences. Our grants help teachers and staff support and enhance the ways they teach the curriculum.
Our fundraiser proceeds go directly toward supporting additional programs, equipment, supplies, and services that may not be covered in the school budget.
We recruit volunteers to help with PTO and school functions and programs.
How does the PTO Help my Middle School Student?
Over the past years, the PTO has been fortunate to assist DeSana with a wide variety of projects.
- Purchased a sound system for Band, performance risers for Chorus, displays and materials for Art, sets of literary books for Social Studies, ELA, and the Media Center
- Provided general supplies for the school Nurse.
- Purchased headphones, atlases, vocabulary books, and science lab supplies.
- Funded iPads, calculators, flexible seating cushions and chairs, and software.
- Provided funding and volunteer support for the 8th grade dance and picnic.
- Celebrated and recognized staff during Staff Appreciation Week with potluck meals.
- Provided refreshments to students and parents at Academic Achievement Award ceremonies and school competitions, including the Oratorical Contest, Geography Bee and the Spelling Bee.
- Sponsored the Impressions Art Contest
If you have any questions about the PTO, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The PTO Board looks forward to working alongside the parents, students, and staff that make DeSana such an exceptional school.
The 2023-2024 DeSana Dragons PTO Board