Student Clubs and Activities
Some important information about clubs:
- Students are responsible for listening to announcements to know when clubs are meeting. There is not a separate calendar or notification for clubs. Club meetings will be announced prior to the meeting dates and students are responsible to arrange transportation and attend.
- All athletic clubs and intramural sports require that a physical be on file prior to participating.
- Questions about specific clubs should be emailed to the club sponsor.
- Most clubs meet before school and students are responsible for their own transportation to the early meetings. A few clubs meet after school and parents should pick up their child promptly at the designated time.
- DeSana Middle School teachers, for the very most part, do not receive any compensation for sponsoring their club. They do it out of the goodness of their heart to provide our students with some unique opportunities. Therefore, they schedule club meetings and activities as they fit in with their personal schedule.
Art Club – Feeling creative? Join the Art Club! Art Club gives students the opportunity to develop their artistic talents before school. Regular meetings provide studio time for students to work on group or independent projects, brainstorm for fundraisers, create artwork for art competitions, and most importantly - to have fun! For more information, please see Mrs. Petit. Email: APetit@forsyth.k12.ga.us
We will tentatively meet once a month on Thursdays before school.
DECA- DECA prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance, hospitality and management. Students grow their confidence and become career and college ready by participating in leadership development conferences, community service, social events, and competitions. Members of DECA will have the opportunity to help run our school store, The Dragon Spot. DECA is open to all students and enrollment in a marketing class is not required. DECA will meet once a month in Room 1230 at 8:00am. Please contact Ms. Dixon for more information. Email: email@example.com
Robotics – The DeSana Robotics Club is open to all students and is an opportunity to design, build, program, and compete with small scale competitive robots. The robots are designed around a challenge and teams will be entered in multiple competitions. Students will meet weekly before school and will have other opportunities to come in and work on the robots. This year the sponsor will be Mr. Bunn. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
DeSana Gaming Organization
A community for students to unite around a shared interest in video games, we are committed to creating a positive environment for the future of gaming.
DeSana's esports team plays multiplayer competitive games at a high-level with a focus on teamwork, communication, and sportsmanship. This is an athletic organization that exists to create an opportunity for students who may not otherwise participate in competitive team sports
DeSana Game Design is for students with an interest in creating video games. Video games, as a medium, will be explored through a serious academic and critical lens while students design, build, and iterate upon their own digital games. Club Sponsor: Ryan Mendes, email@example.com