Denmark High School
Advanced Placement Program
Exam Registration FAQ Sheet
How do I register for AP exams?
(These are exams that students currently sitting in an AP class take in May to earn college credit for the class.)
- All students must register for AP exams online. Siblings must register separately. Each student needs his/her own individual registration.
- The AP Exam registration is a two step- two website- process this year.
- Students should have already enrolled their AP course on the College Board (CB) website, using a join code provided by the teacher. If a student needs a join code, see Mrs. Tallant in the main office. Students MUST keep up with their CB account login information. We do not have access to it and students will need it to access scores later.
- Students MUST indicate in each AP course on the CB website whether they will take the exam in May or not.
- For instructions on how to set up a College Board account and access your AP course(s) using your join code(s) visit: https://apcentral.collegeboard.org/pdf/joining-your-ap-class-section-students.pdf
- College Board website: https://www.collegeboard.org/
- College Board does not collect exam payments; it only collects the exam order information from students. Therefore, students will also need to login to or create their Total Registration account to make payment.
- This is the same account students use to register for the PSAT. If they already have a TR account, they should look for the “Have you previously registered? Login here.” link that is found under the boxes to create a new account.
- If a student does not have a TR account, they should create one.
- TR website: https://user.totalregistration.net/AP/111000
I am taking an AP class online through GAVS or Forsyth Virtual Academy. Is the registration process the same for me?
- Yes; the exam registration process is the same as above. Mrs. Tallant and Mrs. Needham have emailed join codes to students in virtual classes using email addresses on file in IC. If you still need your join code, please see Mrs. Tallant in the main office.
When does registration begin and end for AP exams given in May?
- Registration is currently underway.
- For courses that begin in August, exam registration will end on October 28th. (This includes year-long courses.)
- For courses that begin in January, exam registration will end on March 2nd.
What is the cost of AP exams?
- College Board charges $94.00 for each exam*. In addition, students will pay a one-time administrative fee to offset the cost of testing materials, substitutes, etc. All high schools in Forsyth County charge a one-time fee of $25.00 regardless of how many exams a student takes.
- The cost for exams will be as follows:
- 1 exam = $119.00 (includes the exam fee of $94.00 plus a one-time administrative fee of $25.00)
- 2 exams = $213.00
- 3 exams = $307.00
- 4 exams = $401.00
- 5 exams = $495.00
- *All exams cost $94 EXCEPT AP Seminar and AP Research which cost $142 each.
Is there a late registration period and how much is the late fee?
- For courses that begin in August, students will be assessed a $40 late registration fee after October 28th. (This includes year-long courses.)
- For courses that begin in January, students will be assessed a $40 late registration fee after March 2nd.
Is there a fee for cancelling my exam order?
- There is a $40 exam cancellation fee assessed for each exam cancelled after October 28th for courses that begin in August and after March 2nd for courses that begin in January.
I transferred to DHS from another school/school system/state. What do I need to do to register or move my exam registration to DHS?
- Visit Mrs. Tallant in the main office ASAP to discuss the registration process. Late exam ordering fees may not apply, but exam cancellation fees do apply.
Does the State of Georgia pay for one STEM exam per student?
- If a student is taking at least one STEM exam (AP Comp Sci A, AP Comp Sci Prin, AP Calc AB, AP Calc BC, AP Stats, AP Bio, AP Chem, AP Enviro Sci, AP Physics I, II, B, C) the State of Georgia pays for the cost of one of those exams for students enrolled in the course in either a face-to-face class or an online class.
- When STEM students register on Total Registration they will be asked if they are taking at least one STEM exam. This is called a “special waiver.”
- Once a student has indicated s/he is taking a STEM exam, their registration is paused until we verify this information. Once we have verified the information, TR does NOT notify the student that they may now proceed with registration and make payment. Students need to go back into their TR accounts within 48 hours of initial registration to check on the status of their registration and make payment.
Is there a reduced cost for students with financial difficulty?
- Students who have applied for and been accepted to receive Federal Free/Reduced Lunch benefits will receive up to two exams free of charge. They may receive additional exams at a reduced rate.
- During exam registration, students are asked if they receive Free/Reduced Lunch program benefits. If the student indicates that they do receive Free/Reduced Lunch benefits, the registration process is paused until this email can be confirmed. Students and/or parents will need to provide a copy of their Free/Reduced Lunch program enrollment letter before we can verify the information.
- This letter can be dropped off in the main office or emailed to Heather Tallant at email@example.com.
Who do I contact with questions about AP exam registration?
- If you were unable to find the answer to your question here, please email Heather Tallant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*For a printable version of the above information, click here: AP Registration Information