The Humanities Institute’s information night for parents of rising 9th graders will be held on March 10th at 6:30 in the FCHS Cafeteria.
We will be discussing the registration process. Looking forward to seeing you there!
At FCHS, we are leading Humanities Institute students to be published, practiced, and prepared for college, career and life.
At FCHS, we are leading Humanities Institute students to become innovative thinkers who can develop career-based solutions through a variety of perspectives and experiences.
Our Core Values
- Developing curiosity and resilience
- Fostering empathy and open-mindedness
- Ecouraging proactivity and resourcefulness
Why should students consider The Humanities Institute?
The Humanities Institute at Forsyth Central combines a rigorous learning environment focused on the human condition and culture. Our Unique learning community develops a student’s potential and ensures students are well equipped to meet the challenges of post-secondary education Humanities careers in a global economy. Graduates of the Humanities Institute at Forsyth Central will be able to be creative thinkers who can reason and interpret the human experience, deal with complex information critically and logically, and communicate what they know.
There, they will:
- Develop creative and critical thinking skills in order to identify problems and craft innovative solutions
- Recognize that true learning is asking the questions to understand our local and global impact through a variety of perspectives and experiences
- Draw from the past to understand the present and help students develop the solutions to future real world problems
Applications for The Humanities Institute are now open. Please apply using the links below.
FCHS Humanities Institute Application - for students who will be in 9th grade during the 2020-21 school year (Deadline is January 31st; accepted candidates will be notified by February 7th)
FCHS Humanities Institute Application - for students who will in 10th Grade during the 2020-21 school year (Deadline is Februrary 28th)