Kristin MorrisseyBoard Member for District 2 (Elected 2011)3310 Caney Creek Lane, Cumming, GA 30041(678) 250-4047
Kristin Morrissey studied Microelectronic Engineering at Rochester Institute of Technology and received her degree in Computer Science from SUNY/MCC. She worked in Corporate Training at Eastman Kodak and later retired from the Rochester Public Library/Monroe County Library System after 16 years of service, where she served as an Automation Specialist and Trainer.
Mrs. Morrissey is a 2009 graduate of Leadership Forsyth and the Georgia Academy for Economic Development, Regional Economic & Leadership Development. She and her husband Joe have two girls, one at Georgia Tech and their youngest at Lambert HS.
Mrs. Morrissey has been an active community member serving on/as:
- Board of Trustees, Forsyth County Library
- Chair, Board of Directors, Peachtree Parkway Imp. District
- Chair, Board of Directors, FC Parks Foundation
- Board Member, Forsyth County Community Connections
- Vice President, Brookwood Elementary School PTA
- President, Caney Creek Home Owners Association
- Committee Member, Green Space Bond
- Committee Member, Envision 2030 Quality of Life Council
- Coach, Girls on the Run Forsyth County
"As a parent and taxpayer, I understand how important a high quality education is to our children and the overall quality of life in Cumming-Forsyth County,” stated Mrs. Morrissey. “Forsyth Schools continue to excel and achieve our goals despite ongoing economic challenges and continued growth. As a system we must work to assure high academic results for all our students throughout the county." I am committed to being a strong voice for our children, parents and teachers and will work to address their concerns while cultivating a thriving exchange of ideas among our community's stakeholders."