Welcome to Liberty's Counseling Department!The mission of the Liberty Middle School Counseling Program is to provide a comprehensive counseling program that promotes academic excellence, career development, and optimal personal and social skills through a comprehensive guidance curriculum, individual and group counseling, and prevention activities. Our program encourages students to reach their highest potential in order to become productive, successful adults.
Students are assigned a counselor according to their grade level and last name. Mrs. Brinson is the counselor for 6th grade students and 7th grade students A-K. Mrs. Porter is the counselor for 7th grade students L-Z and 8th grade students. Please feel free to contact us with any questions/concerns you may have. We look forward to working with you this year!
High School Options- Out of District Deadline and Information
Parents/students may submit an Out of District request to attend a different high school based on a program (pathway) not being offered at their zoned school (of course no transportation is provided). The Out of District application will open online on November 27, 2017 for the 2018-2019 school year.Counseling Secretary:Kim Rickett770-781-4889 ext. 290302Counselors:Mrs. Lori Porterlporter@forsyth.k12.ga.us
770-781-4889 ext. 2903068th grade & 7th grade L-ZMrs. Ali Brinson770-781-4889 ext. 2903076th grade & 7th grade A-K
- Ultimate Teen Xperience
- Summer GAVS 2017 Information- Summer GAVS course requests will be totally online this year. in lieu of a form, the Online FCS GAVS Course Request Form will have a space for a student and parent digital signature. Additionally, the parent will receive a confirmation email from FCS that contains the acknowledgements included on the Google Form.
- Rising 9th graders should use their HIGH SCHOOL.
- Current facilitators will approve applications for their school.
- Student submits course request.
- Parent receives a confirmation email of what their student has submitted to take via GAVS this summer.
- A school designee (facilitator or counselor) should initial their approval on the spreadsheet. If you would like to be notified when a student submits a response to the form, please go to Tools, then Notification Rules on the response spreadsheet and create the notification rule you desire.
Links to Summer 2017 GAVS Application Forms:
Middle Schools: http://tinyurl.com/MSSummerGAVS
Forsyth Central High School: http://tinyurl.com/FCHSSummerGAVS
Lambert High School: http://tinyurl.com/LHSSummerGAVS
North Forsyth High School: http://tinyurl.com/NFHSSummerGAVS
South Forsyth High School: http://tinyurl.com/SFHSSummerGAVS
West Forsyth High School: http://tinyurl.com/WFHSSummerGAVS