Club Sponsors:Mrs. Corinna EcheverriaMu Alpha ThetaClub Overview:Mu Alpha Theta is the National High School and Two-Year College Mathematics Honor Society. We are dedicated to inspiring keen interest in mathematics, developing strong scholarship in the subject, and promoting the enjoyment of mathematics in high school and two-year college students.
To be considered for membership:You must meet all of the requirements below in order to be considered for membership:
1. You must have an overall GPA of 3.0.
2. You must have an overall mathematics GPA of 3.5 or higher in accelerated classes or a 4.0 in on-level mathematics classes.
3. You must have completed the equivalent of two years of college preparatory mathematics, including algebra and/or geometry, and in addition have completed or are enrolled in a third year of college preparatory mathematics.
4. You must be a Junior or Senior.To apply:Applications will open on September 5th. Look for a flyer in your math class and it will be in the announcements during school. This page will also be updated with the membership application link.Complete this application AND give Mrs. Echeverria (room 2807) a copy of your unofficial transcript to verify membership eligibility by Monday, September 11th. If I am not in my room, you can slide it under the door.
- If you fill out an application but do not give a hard copy of your unofficial transcript to Mrs. Echeverria by Monday, September 11th, your application will not be considered.
- Acceptance letters will be handed out during 3rd period on Friday, September 15th.
- Payment for new members will be due by Friday, September 22nd.
Communication throughout the school year will use the Remind messaging platform.
Mu Alpha Theta meetings will be held after school (3:45-4:15) in the media center on the following days:
Requirements for graduation cord:
Returning Seniors: In order to receive the graduation cord, you must attend at least 8 meetings (or articles) and have 15 or more service hours.
Newly inducted Seniors: In order to receive the graduation cord, you must attend 6 meetings (or articles) and have 12 or more service hours.
Juniors: If you do not complete all requirements (service hours/meetings) they will carry over into next year. You are encouraged to have at least 5 meetings this year and as many service hours as you can.Club Officers:Cindy LinJoshua SongJeffrey Shen
Math TeamClub Overview:The Math team participates in mathematics competitions. Some of the competitions are after school while others take place during the school day. Some competitions take place on Saturdays at various high schools and colleges.Due to COVID, we are unable to predict which competitions we will be attending until further in the year.Check out our new website that we will be using to keep all of the relevant information we have this year:
Club Meeting Times:The math team will meet every Monday in Mrs.Echeverria's room (2807) from 3:45 - 4:15pm.Our first meeting will be on August 28th.
Club Activities or Events:
Georgia Math League Test dates: (Virtual)
* activation codes for each test will be sent out via Remind
Competitions: (in person at Lambert but on your own computer)
AMC A - Nov 8th during 2nd Period block
AMC B - Nov 14th during 7th & 8th Period
AIME - Feb 1st
Kennesaw Part 1 - Nov 1st - FREE
Kennesaw Part 2 - Jan 30 - FREEClub Officers:
Raj MehtaSam KoviJiho Jun