Club Sponsors:Ms. Corinna EcheverriaMu Alpha ThetaClub Overview:Mu Alpha Theta is the National High School and Two-Year College Mathematics Honor Society. We are dedicated to inspiring keen interest in mathematics, developing strong scholarship in the subject, and promoting the enjoyment of mathematics in high school and two-year college students.
To be considered for membership:You must meet all of the requirements below in order to be considered for membership:
1. You must have an overall GPA of 3.0.
2. You must have an overall mathematics GPA of 3.5 or higher in accelerated classes or a 4.0 in on-level mathematics classes.
3. You must have completed the equivalent of two years of college preparatory mathematics, including algebra and/or geometry, and in addition have completed or are enrolled in a third year of college preparatory mathematics.
4. You must be a Junior or Senior.To apply:Complete this google form application AND give Mrs. Echeverria (room 2807) a copy of your unofficial transcript to verify membership eligibility by September 2, 2022.Announcements:
The application process is now over.
Mu Alpha Theta meetings will be held after school (3:40 - 4:15) in the media center on the following days:
Requirements for graduation cord:
Returning Seniors: In order to receive the graduation cord, you must attend at least 8 meetings (or articles) and have 15 or more service hours.
Newly inducted Seniors: In order to receive the graduation cord, you must attend 6 meetings (or articles) and have 12 or more service hours.
Juniors: If you do not complete all requirements (service hours/meetings) they will carry over into next year. You are encouraged to have at least 5 meetings this year and as many service hours as you can.Club Officers:Sishnukeshav BalamuraliJay PatelSrirag Tatavarti
Math TeamClub Overview:The Math team participates in mathematics competitions. Some of the competitions are after school while others take place during the school day. Some competitions take place on Saturdays at various high schools and colleges.Due to COVID, we are unable to predict which competitions we will be attending until further in the year.Check out our new website that we will be using to keep all of the relevant information we have this year:
Club Meeting Times:The math team will meet every Tuesday in Mrs.Echeverria's room (2807) from 3:45 - 4:15pm.Our first meeting will be on August 30th.
Club Activities or Events:
Georgia Math League Test dates: (Virtual)
* activation codes for each test will be sent out via Remind
October 18, 2022
November 15, 2022
December 13, 2022
January 10, 2023
February 14, 2022
March 14, 2022
Competitions: (in person at Lambert but on your own computer)
AMC A - TBD
AMC B - TBD
AIME - TBDClub Officers:
Andy ZhangSishnukeshav BalamuraliRaj Mehta