The Deputy Superintendent of Schools:
- Assists the Superintendent in the tasks of providing leadership and supervision in developing, achieving and maintaining the best possible educational programs and services;
- Performs administrative responsibilities for the superintendent, the Board of Education and staff;
- Coordinates leadership development;
- Oversee Operations, which includes activities and athletics, school safety and discipline, and transportation; and
- Represents the superintendent on system and community committees and projects.