We need YOU! Substitutes are critical to our school district!
We appreciate your interest in substitute teaching with Forsyth County Schools. If you meet our minimum requirements and would like to be considered for substitute teaching, complete your online application for Substitute Teacher through Forsyth County School’s AppliTrack System found online by clicking here.
Minimum requirements to apply:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completed application
*You do not need to be a certified teacher to become a substitute
If you are interested in becoming a substitute and you hold a valid teaching certificate:
If you hold a current, valid Georgia Educator Certificate from the Georgia Professionals Standards Commission, a current, valid out-of-state Educator Certificate or an expired Georgia Educator Certificate and are interested in substitute teaching, please contact Laura Wittenauer at in the Human Resources Department for alternative training instructions. Please include your Georgia Certificate number in your email.
Steps to Becoming a Substitute
1. Submit an application for Job 255: Substitute Teacher
2. Completed applications (including proof of education and references) will be screened and candidates who are selected will be invited to a required Substitute Workshop.
3. Candidates who are invited to the Substitute Workshop should bring a check or money order in the amount of $55 made payable to Forsyth County Schools to complete the required background check.
4. Candidates who have completed the Substitute Workshop and have had their background check cleared through Human Resources will receive further information on required paperwork.
If you have additional questions, please contact the Human Resources office at 770-887-2461, extension 202146.
These passes include half-price admission for one to FCS home athletic events, musicals, plays, band concerts, and other special school-sponsored activities. Half-price admission does not extend to play-off games, graduation or PTO/A sponsored events. This pass is valid for the current school year and will be renewed if you remain an active substitute teacher. This pass is offered through the Human Resources department, is available to active substitute teachers and Human Resoruces will send information to active substitutes for obtaining the pass.