We need YOU! Substitutes are critical to our school district!
We appreciate your interest in substitute teaching with Forsyth County Schools. We are excited to announce our upcoming Substitute Workshop dates for this school year! If you would like to be a substitute teacher, simply complete your online application for Substitute Teacher/Paraprofessional through Forsyth County School’s AppliTrack System found online by clicking here.
Upcoming Workshop Dates
Substitute Workshop Dates
August 7, 2019
September 25, 2019
October 23, 2019
Steps to Becoming a Substitute
1. Submit an application for Job 255: Substitute Teacher/Paraprofessional.
2. Prior to the substitute workshop you will receive an email. Please follow the instructions in the email to register for the workshop. Required paperwork will be emailed to you with instructions to complete it to bring to the workshop. Tips for Completing Substitute Paperwork
3. After you have attended the workshop, submit the required, completed substitute paperwork packet to Human Resources. Bring appropriate forms of identification and a check or money order for fingerprints. After your fingerprint results are returned clear, our Human Resources office will process your application. Processing times are typically 3-4 weeks from the workshop date.
4. After your application and paperwork has been processed, you will receive two emails. The first email will contain your substitute certificate. The second email will include instructions for our substitute management system.
5. You are now ready to start subbing! Thank you for keeping our students engaged in learning and for continuing the instructional assignments of the teacher.
If you have additional questions, please contact the Human Resources office at 770-887-2461, extension 202149.
If you hold a current, valid Georgia Teaching Certificate, a current, valid out-of-state teaching certificate or an expired Georgia teaching certificate and are interested in substitute teaching, please contact Laura Wittenauer at firstname.lastname@example.org in the Human Resources Department for alternative training instructions. Please include your Georgia Certificate number in your email.