Welcome to the Section 504 Plan Information Page
504 Accommodation Plans are created and managed by each school. For more information regarding Section 504 Eligibility and Plan development process, review the brochure linked below and/or contact your school's SST/504 coordinator.
Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 is designed to prohibit discrimination based on disability in any program or activity receiving Federal money. This statute obligates public schools to provide equal access and equal opportunity to otherwise qualified persons with disabilities. To determine 504 eligibility, a student must demonstrate: as a result of an evaluation, to have a physical or mental disability/impairment (or having a history of a physical or mental disability/impairment) that substantially limits one or more major life activities.
- Parent Rights - 504 Accommodation Plans
- Parent Rights -504 Accommodation Plans in Spanish
- Section 504 Procedural Safeguards
Helpful Resources For Parents:
- Understanding the Differences Between IDEA and Section 504
- Medical Letter
- Link to Georgia Department of Education