Our Vision: Empowering all students to achieve personal success
Our Mission: To promote educational performance, providing all students with the opportunities to acquire the academic, career, personal and social competencies necessary to achieve quality learning and life-long success.
The Forsyth County School System has aligned the work of the counseling and guidance program to the American School Counseling Association's (ASCA) National Model. The ASCA National Standards reflect the expectations for all students to achieve.
- School Counseling Curriculum - guidance lessons or activities to promote the knowledge, attitudes and skills in three content areas: academic achievement, career development, and personal/social growth. The lessons include classroom guidance, group activities, and parent workshops and instruction.
- Individual Student Planning - activities designed to assist students to establish personal goals and develop future plans, which include appraisals and individual or small group advisement.
- Responsive Services - activities that meet students' immediate needs and concerns, such as consultation, individual and small group counseling, crisis counseling, referrals, and peer facilitation.
- System Support - activities that enhance the school counseling program and support the school. The activities include professional development, consultation and collaboration, and program management and operations.
- The Elementary Counselor
- The Middle School Counselor
- The High School Counselor
- Counselor Recognition
Congratulations to our
2022-2023 Forsyth County Professional School Counselors of the Year