Health ServicesThe Health Services program for Forsyth County Schools advances the well-being, academic success, and life-long achievement of students. To that end, school nurses facilitate positive student responses to normal development; promote health and safety; intervene with actual and potential health problems; provide case management services; and actively collaborate with others to build student and family capacity for adaptation, self management, self advocacy, and learning.
Forsyth County Schools are looking for substitute licensed nurses.
Are you a licensed RN or LPN? Would you like to work the same hours your children are in school? Our students will warm your heart, make you laugh and brighten your day. If interested, please contact Heidi Avila at 770-887-2461 ext. 202336 or email@example.com.The school nurse
Healthy children are successful learners. The school nurse has a multi-faceted role within the school setting, one that supports the physical, mental, emotional, and social health of students and their success in the learning process.
- provides direct health care to students and staff
- provides leadership for the provision of health services
- provides screening and referral for health conditions
- promotes a healthy school environment
- promotes health
- serves in a leadership role for health policies and programs
- serves as a liaison between school personnel, family, community, and health care providers
- 7th Grade Immunization Requirements
- 11th Grade Immunization Requirements
- Emergency Response to Life Threatening Asthma or Allergic Reactions
- Health Forms
- Head Lice
- Heat-related Illness in Young Athletes
- Hydration and Exercise Guidelines
- Immunization Requirements for Forsyth County Schools
- Required Certificates: Immunization (Form 3231), Vision, Hearing, Dental, and Nutrition (Form 3300)
- School Nurses
- Summer Personal Safety
- Vaping Resources
Congratulations to Kim Varner, school nurse at Riverwatch Middle School! Kim attended the FCS Celebration of Excellence as an Employee of the Month! Way to go, Kim!