Health ServicesThe Health Services program for Forsyth County Schools advances the well-being, academic success, and life-long achievement of students. To that end, school nurses facilitate positive student responses to normal development; promote health and safety; intervene with actual and potential health problems; provide case management services; and actively collaborate with others to build student and family capacity for adaptation, self management, self advocacy, and learning.
Forsyth County Schools are looking for substitute licensed nurses.
Are you a licensed RN or LPN? Would you like to work the same hours your children are in school? Our students will warm your heart, make you laugh and brighten your day. If interested, please contact Heidi Avila at 770-887-2461 ext. 202336 or email@example.com.The school nurse
Healthy children are successful learners. The school nurse has a multi-faceted role within the school setting, one that supports the physical, mental, emotional, and social health of students and their success in the learning process.
- provides direct health care to students and staff
- provides leadership for the provision of health services
- provides screening and referral for health conditions
- promotes a healthy school environment
- promotes health
- serves in a leadership role for health policies and programs
- serves as a liaison between school personnel, family, community, and health care providers
- 7th Grade Immunization Requirements
- 11th Grade Immunization Requirements
- Emergency Response to Life Threatening Asthma or Allergic Reactions
- Head Lice
- Heat-related Illness in Young Athletes
- Hydration and Exercise Guidelines
- Keeping Kids Healthy
- Immunization Requirements for Forsyth County Schools
- Parent Permission to Drive Home
- Preventing Injuries
- Required Certificates: Immunization (Form 3231), Vision, Hearing, Dental, and Nutrition (Form 3300)
- School Nurses
- Scoliosis Screening
- Summer Personal Safety
- Urine Color Chart
- Vaccines for Teens
- Vaping Resources
A big Thank You to Cumming First United Methodist Women for their two generous donations to support the vision needs of our students!
At the Celebration of Excellence the Georgia Highlands was recognized for their continued generosity towards the students at Forsyth County Schools. Geogia Highlands has offered over 280 students free vision, hearing and dental screenings which allow the students to be ready to start the school year on time. Georgia Highlands has offered these services to our students for two consecutive school years. Below are pictures from their very well deserved recognition!