Health ServicesThe Health Services program for Forsyth County Schools advances the well-being, academic success, and life-long achievement of students. To that end, school nurses facilitate positive student responses to normal development; promote health and safety; intervene with actual and potential health problems; provide case management services; and actively collaborate with others to build student and family capacity for adaptation, self-management, self-advocacy, and learning.The school nurse:
- provides direct health care for students and staff
- provides leadership for the provision of health services
- provides screening and referral for health conditions
- promotes a healthy school environment
- promotes health
- serves in a leadership role in health policies and programs
- serves as a liaison between school personnel, family, community, and health care providers
Healthy children are successful learners. The school nurse has a multi-faceted role within the school setting, one that supports the physical, mental, emotional, and social health of students and their success in the learning process.Health Related Resources
- COVID-19 Guidance
- Emergency Response to Life Threatening Asthma, Allergic Reactions or Opioid Overdoses
- FCS Health Forms
- Head Lice
- Illness Guidance: Is your child too sick for school?
- Immunization Requirements
- Scoliosis Screenings
- Student Accident Insurance Plan (English)
- Student Accident Insurance Plan (Spanish)
- Vaping Resources
Louisa Holcomb, school nurse at Chattahoochee Elementary School, was recently honored for 20 years of service as a school nurse with Forsyth County Schools. Congratulations!
Forsyth County Schools are looking for substitute school nurses.
Are you a licensed RN or LPN? Would you like to work the same hours as your FCS student? Our students will warm your heart, make you laugh and brighten your day! If interested, please apply online for the Substitute School Nurse vacancy click here to be redirected to the HR webpage or contact Heidi Avila at 770-887-2461 ext. 202336 or email@example.com.