Forsyth County Schools is proud to announce, Salute, a program created with VFW Post 9143, to honor our veterans and support our troops. Plans are underway for the 2017-18 school year, and please see below for the 2016-17 highlights.
From September 16 through November 11, 2016, Forsyth County Schools:
In April, 2017, which is the Month of the Military Child, and in May, which is National Military Appreciation Month, schools will honored their military children and families by:
- Wrote over 10,000 thank you letters to our military serving overseas
- Recognized Forsyth County Schools’ staff that have/are serving in the military
- Hosted Veterans Day celebrations and activities
Contact email@example.com for more information on Salute.
- Participation in PURPLE UP! Day on April 13th, wearing purple in support of military children
- Recognition of military children on school news and at special celebrations for staff and other students to thank their peers
- Signage on campuses, special announcements on morning news and social media posts about military children and families
- Use of the dandelion to recognize military children and their families