Forsyth County Schools is proud to announce, Salute, a program created with VFW Post 9143, to honor our veterans and support our troops. Salute 2017 will take place throughout November 2017 by the schools participating in activities outlined here.
From September 16 through November 11, 2016, Forsyth County Schools:
In April, 2017, which is the Month of the Military Child, and in May, which is National Military Appreciation Month, schools will honored their military children and families by:
- Wrote over 10,000 thank you letters to our military serving overseas
- Recognized Forsyth County Schools’ staff that have/are serving in the military
- Hosted Veterans Day celebrations and activities
Contact email@example.com for more information on Salute.
- Participation in PURPLE UP! Day on April 13th, wearing purple in support of military children
- Recognition of military children on school news and at special celebrations for staff and other students to thank their peers
- Signage on campuses, special announcements on morning news and social media posts about military children and families
- Use of the dandelion to recognize military children and their families