FCS Staff Scholarship Application Deadline
Forsyth County Education Foundation 2022-23 Staff Scholarships
Forsyth County Schools is not immune to the teacher and school counselor shortage facing our nation. We have found recent success “growing our own” by establishing teacher prep programs at all Forsyth County high schools, but face a large void when it comes to supporting the educational needs of current paraprofessionals who wish to advance to a teaching position/school counselor role and teachers who wish to advance to a school counselor role.
To address this need we are pleased to announce the first Forsyth County Education Foundation Staff Scholarships. Using funds raised from the 2022 Dr. Jim and Peggie Morrow iChallenge, the foundation will offer up to 31 $1,500 staff scholarships.
Applications open Friday, November 11 and close Wednesday, December 14, 2022 at 5 pm. Recipients will be announced on Friday, January 13, 2023 (National Rubber Ducky Day).
All applicants must:
· Be a current full-time FCS paraprofessional or teacher
· Be attending/accepted by January 13, 2023 in an accredited college or university to be a certified teacher or school counselor
· Agree to teach/be a school counselor in FCS for three years after degree completion
A. Complete the scholarship application form in its entirety. Type the application (preferred) or print legibly. Sign and date the application form.
B. Complete an essay - “Why Do You Choose to Become a Teacher/School Counselor and What Do You Hope to Accomplish in This Profession?”. The essay should be typed using a 12‐point font and should not exceed 500 words.
C. Obtain two sealed letters of recommendation.
D. Submit in one packet (1) one printed application, (2) one printed essay, and (3) two sealed recommendation letters to Anita Seay, FCS BOE/PDC 1120 Dahlonega Highway, Cumming by Wednesday, December 14, 2022 by 5 pm. Incomplete scholarship application packets will not be eligible for consideration. Do not staple.
· All application materials submitted shall be retained by the Foundation and will not be returned.
· Scholarship awards will be paid directly to the college or university the winner is attending. Proof of enrollment is required prior to scholarship award payment by Thursday, May 25, 2023 or the winner will forfeit their scholarship award.
· Household relatives of the Forsyth County Education Foundation Governing Board, Forsyth County Board of Education, Forsyth County Schools Superintendent’s Office and Communications Department are not eligible.
For questions contact Hannah Samples.